When I go anywhere without a season pass for any length of time I'll have won the lottery. It just makes sence to go to the same place all the time to avoid paying outrages lift ticket prices. Besides, Isnt it better when you know where to look for all the good hits, powder bits and (for the want of something that rhymes) hot chicks.

I always go to the old favourites unless I'm trying out somewhere new...

Unless you happen to live at the bottom of somewhere really good, you may never see full value on a season pass.

I often get bored of going to Nozawa, but then when I go to other places I get annoyed at their policies and rediscover the value of Nozawa. I'd like to make Miyoko a regular place too, but it's a bit far for that.

If I ski 3 days a week (I plan of 4ish) for the next 6 months my 5man pass looks pretty good compared to the 30man it would cost for lift tickets. Even if I break my leg 1\3 of the way through the season im still paying about half the 4000en pass price.

A season pass ties you in too much to one place, and discourages adventure. That and I might not get the worth out of it anyway mean I'm not getting a season pass.

I'm sure most season pass people are people living fairly near the mountains, not in Tokyo or the big cities etc.

• 1 month later...