SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
HighlyTrainedNovaTeacher

Trying to lose weight SUCKS

Still recovering from some L4 & L5 damage and am too scared to get back on the bike.

This is a bummer as hitting the k's as Brissie temp's & humidity increase is an unbelievable weight loss measure.

Can't seem to find middle ground either: when I'm clocking up the k's I'm careful with the diet, but when off the bike the "whatever" switch flicks to "on" and it's beer & barbie's with no limitations.

The very same.

An MRI a few years back showed I had previously prolapsed discs between L2 & L3, L3 & L4, and L4 and L5, plus I had previously fractured L3 (Not all at the same time)

Various probable causes but 12 years as a judoka won't have helped; and now with the advancing years there's osteo-degeneration thrown in the mix too.

Bottom line is that core muscle development is uber important to maintain sporting activities.

I have gotten back into mountain biking and doing kettlebells again and feel much better because of it. I've barely lost any of my spare tire but I feel so much better, have more energy, and my stress has decreased, too! A win win situation for sure. Now, if I could just drop 10 kgs I'd be even happier :) bring on the ski season!

:lol:

Can you get done for it? Wonder what the punishment is. They can't put points on your bicycle license can they!

No...gnarly always trumps the law.. I'm pretty sure that's how it works..

I do believe you are correct….in fact when brought up in front of a law man, he is almost 100% inclined to exonerate you and give you a party on style, gnarly salute :party:

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.