I definitely like grains for breakfast. Love traditional Japanese breakfasts, though I prefer brown rice whenever possible. I also like millet and/or buckwheat porridge with soy milk (can't drink cow milk). In the absence of a full Japanese brekkie (which is frequent) I like to down half a grapefruit first.

Anyone tried black rice (from Indonesia)? Love it. Makes a great brekkie - cook it with banana and if possible use coconut milk.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ermmm, pretty complicated.

2 - 3 tblspn rice depending on size requirements.

lge quantity of sugar (approx 2 heaped dessert spoons or is it tblspns? for 2 tblspn of rice)

huge knob of butter (im sure about this bit).

and, well, cover with more milk than u think is appropriate, about 2 cups for 2 tblspns, or maybe thats too much.

stick in moderate oven in big flat dish till skin is brown (30-40mins or longer).

serve with bit of milk or dollop of jam.

im not what is considered a culinary master. the amounts vary. as do the results. (maybe the low expectations derive from having watched me prepare it)

english cooking at its best ;\) .

maybe i should start a cooking show!

enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your mum oughta send you something with a bit more rarity value than oats scouser (if that's what you mean). You can buy 'em in most supermarkets here.

Now Marmite or Frank Cooper's Oxford Marmalade...