See tags :)

When i was a kid this is when all the christmas telly started. It was usually pretty naff stuff at the start, but it built up nice. Ah remember how you couldnt wait to see what movies you were going to get? What a time. Pure innocent days they were. And now? Now these kids have it all on their digitalphones and their ireceivers. Wouldnt know they were born! :grandpa:

Until i burn through the season pass costs, im stuck (happily i should add) in nozzie (unless some people visit me and decide perversely that they will on no account whatsoever visit a place with the name NOZAWA. In that case ill take them to kijimadaira because it looks mint. Speaking of, please say therell be a kosha freebie. and also tell me how to get there with public transport. :) Doesnt look too far from iiyama. Probably easier and cheaper than ryuoo).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Christmas dinner packs me out too ????

So in other (far fewer but no doubt far less entertaining) words, this is the "What are you doing this weekend?" post?? ;)

That being the case, I have a cunning plan to go to Fukushima! :D

You going to Gran Deco, Mick?

Actually Im planning heading up on Thursday....prob to Kagura but was thinking maybe a shink trip to one of the Nagano resorts as its midweek and not busy so no real need to hit one if the first lifts

Don't plan for Mt Granview guys, not open yet.

Can't think conditions would be any good anywhere other than up high at the moment, hopefully it will snow before the weekend.

SJ dudes how's it coming on? Able to get out?

Hopefully I'll be heading to Meiho (Gifu) on Friday for their grand opening then spending the night around Gujo and off to the Takasu/Gujo area on Saturday. This plan depends on weather and people sharing the transport costs with me so if I can tick those two boxes that's where I'll be.

Also heading to Nozawa early tmrw morning for Tuesday and Wednesday for my first turns this season. Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight, too damn excited.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sadly, all the three of us involved at this stage of work will be doing is pushing keys on keyboards and clicking mice as quickly as possible.

Hope everyone has fun though.

Do share pics and stuff if you do get out. Domo!

:friend:

Fingers crossed!!

You going to Gran Deco, Mick?

Actually Im planning heading up on Thursday....prob to Kagura but was thinking maybe a shink trip to one of the Nagano resorts as its midweek and not busy so no real need to hit one if the first lifts

Possibly but if Inawashiro opens this weekend, I might head there because it has a cheaper bus deal!! ;)

Have fun on Thurs!! :thumbsup:

Trying to get all my jobs finished off this week as much as possible so I am free over the xmas / newyear period!

My daughter and I have already decided to go skiing on Christmas day, and maybe see Santa on the slopes!

Not decided where we will go yet though!

Joetsu Kokusai, Man?

Hmmm, you will need to hope for lots of snow before then. Right now it's raining again, lots of the snow has gone in the last few days only about 15cm outside my place now. I am hearing some places open might need to close again unless there's more snow.

If you have a choice in current conditions I would definitely go higher.

Joetsu Kokusai, Man?

Hmmm, you will need to hope for lots of snow before then. Right now it's raining again, lots of the snow has gone in the last few days only about 15cm outside my place now. I am hearing some places open might need to close again unless there's more snow.

If you have a choice in current conditions I would definitely go higher.

Too late, already got tickets as they were cheap.

I shall do my snow dance this morning. And this afternoon. And this evening.... :worship:

Any idea what the wind might be doing this coming weekend? We'll be catching the ferry from Ibaraki up to Tomakomai on Saturday night. I hate feeling nauseous for 20 hours at a time... Sunday still traveling up to Rumoi and then it's Kamui from the Monday....yippy!! :wave:

Just nebbin at the weather report, NAGANO area has a prospective puking on sunday night. Probably carry through to Monday. The winds are up sunday night though. So bit of a mixed blessing. i dunno what the big mans game is this year, but he seems to be inordinately taking the piss. Hopefully the drops just one of those nice happy snowy ones with no screaming winds. It might make it worth a wee trek out there saturday and monday. Maybe let some of it settle on sunday. Either way, with history as my guide, i assume that lurking behid that sunday night time drop (that the 6 day forecast ends at today), are a bunch of ridiculous and consistent numbers carrying us through into the new year. :) Heres to hope and change!

Early season events like the snow we had the other week often seem to be misleading and get hopes up way too high.

It happens pretty much every year in one form or another.

Almost always turns out to be Christmas to New Year before things get started proper. In this area anyway.

That's why I always plan to first go out around then and just be happily surprised if it's earlier.

Personally I'm kind of glad that this weekend doesn't look too hot.

Too busy clearing things up. The weekend after, now that is a different matter.

;)

Hope it's good for everyone though.

i dont mind early season. I know history says its really the week aftyer christmas that it all drops :) Dont take my moaning as thwarted expectations. Its more cursing god and his rather mean timings of good weather mondays-wednesday and garbage weather friday to sunday. :)