• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Christmas dinner packs me out too ????

Raining in chikuma/nagano as well. Well, has been raining. Lie in and a late start but here I am on the train. Decided to give the Charlie a run out today following yesterdays rather nice nozawa report. Might not work out lower down, but looks like yamabiko is getting snowed on regardless :)

Pretty wet village level on the train. Dusting on higher altitudes... not looking like a great day for anything lower than maybe 1000m to be honest down our end

Just arrived in iiyama and there's patchy snow at ground level. If you have the choice I reckons I'd wait till Monday. Even yomase is looking a bit rough. Its possibly the worst I've seen it out there in the last few weeks to be honest :)

I should also add that the late train to nozawa (the 10.15) was hella busy compared to the last few weeks. The bus is about to get busy as well... so the season is pretty much starting now :( I thought we had more time!... I THOUGHT WE HAD MORE TIME!!!

Fun day. Definitely one to get the enthusiasm back up and running. Conditions weren't great in truth, almost all the lifts were running so musnt grumble. Got to ride ushikubi a few times which always puts a smilesmile on my face (though kinda sticky wet snow around all but yamabiko). Also got a nice little run on the skyline which is always good for a laugh :) the only real disappointment Is the weather at the minute. Sunday nights dump can't honestly com soon enough. We need some nice cold temps to really start putting the kaibosh on the place. Pissing rain as we leave on the train.

Also think I need to actually stop bluffing it and do a proper wax job. Guess that's tomorrows mission. Probably skip riding tomorrow because I really want full mischief for Monday :)

Not the best weather yesterday morning, but Joetsu held up and proved to be a good day out.

Although it suffered towards the end with twattish snowboarders sitting in the middle of the slope.

Thats good to hear - did you not get rained on, Man?

Wet snow falling right now, just a thin layer on the car outside.

Yeah I did in the morning but it was quite light and didn't damaged the snow too much. Cheese wasn't happy though and took an early trip home...

im up too early :( i can still make the train and head out for a run or ten? Dang... what to do... what to do? Iiyamadude, if youre around, hows it looking out there? Im assuming not great. So really should keep theis a rest day and then come flying out tomorrow...

What's the effort involved for you ippy to get to Nozawa, time wise?

Its not that bad. But realistically if i get this train (9.36) i wont be on the slopes until about 12. Its basically a 20 minute train, a 15 minutes wait, an hour train, a 15 minute wait, then a 10 minute bus ride and either another 10-15 minutes waiting and riding the shuttle bus, or a 10-15 minute walk up the hill. Throw in some time to get ready at the gondola station and its about 12 by the time i get the gondola up there.

If it werent a long weekend, id probably have gone up, but i reckon by day 3 ill be a bit knackered and sore and since tomorrow its going to be pretty epic (one would hope) i think ill let everyone else play in the sunshine and sit this one out. Ive got boards to wax anyways :)

Beautiful sunny afternoon here now.

If I didn't have to clear a few things up, I'd be out there for a quick bit of exercise.

Not long now before I am free to go when I want. Well, for the next two weeks anyway.

just popped to the supermarket. Left to mild temperatures and greyish skies.

Left the supermarket to about a four or 5 degree drop, and over across to hakuba some really dirty grey skies. Looks like the storms coming tonight :)