Make Me Jealous - how close are you to the snow?

I stumbled across this site when trying to tell people about skiing in Japan and am well impressed - wish I had had all this good English language snow info when I was skiing/boarding in Japan pre-www days. Good work.

Now I am living as far from the snow as its probably possible to be (Singapore). For all you enjoying what looks like, from the messages, an excellent season, make me jealous and tell me:

How close do you live to the snow?

Sad to say that will have to keep me going until I can come back to Japan.

well, can't stay chatting I'm off to the beach.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the comments, far away. Please do tell your friends about our site.

OK, to make you jealous - SnowJapan.Com HQ (!) is located in Yuzawa (Niigata), and many of our main contributors are located in snow towns - so we have lots of resorts in sight, and many more nearby. \:D

But just to make you feel a bit better - we are so busy running and developing the site, there's hardly any chance to get out onto the mountains. \:\(

\:\)

i live in singapore. well part time anyways. its a real bummer living here. the closest thing to snow you can get around here is either a) the bath foam they pump out at around xmas time outside tanglin mall and B) the foam ontop of a tiger beer.

im heading to japan on friday morning. im stoked.

My house is 30 min from the Hakkoda car park in summer, and about 45 min in winter.

Far away - welcome to this forum, and a jolly big gomen for all those living in Singers!

I worked in Indo for a while - you know what you can do with your 120% humidity and 38 degrees...

cheers,

hem now

20 minutes from sick Alpine Valley, located right in the center of Carhartt territory.

http://www.skialpinevalley.com/

I'm trying to track down the perfect used snorkel parka, jeans/snow gaiters look in surplus stores around here. The preferred look is to bomb straight down the hill on rental or garage-sale skis, bent/lit Marlboro Red in your mouth, with dirty parka unzipped to reveal a can of Budweiser in the breast pocket.