Seems like all of the updates have been covered by the leaks (rumours) over the last weeks and months. I don't really see anything to make me want to up-grade to the 5 from the 4s. I'm quite happy about the new iOS6 though because it will be a free up-date for 4s users. That means we'll have access to most of the new features of the iPhone 5.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to phone them tonight just to check.   But unless they have rebuilt my local pub on my parent's land, I think I know the answer!

(but only girls please)

Seems like a decent upgrade to me - faster, bigger, but smaller, prettier, camera enhancements, new small connector, mad-crazy new ear-buds.

Well maybe not the last one.

au + iPhone 5 = tethering?

国内の対応キャリアは従来と同様、ソフトバンクとauでドコモはなし。このiPhone 5はLTEに対応しており、高速なデータ通信が利用できる。まだ正式発表はないが、auの端末でテザリングができるようだ。実機を操作してみると、auのiPhone5にはソフトバンクのiPhone 5にはない「インターネット共有」という設定項目があるのだ。これは、iPhone 5のネット回線をゲーム機やノートPCなどの無線LANデバイスで利用できるテザリング機能のこと。ちなみにiPhone 4Sにもテザリング機能はあったのたが、ソフトバンクとauの端末では無効にされていた。

Apple is not and will not change things just for the sake of change. And while some may now be clamoring for this change, the paradox is that if Apple did make some big changes, many of the same people would bitch and moan about them. Apple is smart enough to know that in this case, most people don’t really want change, they just think that they do because that’s the easiest way to perceive value: visual newness.

Very true I think.

au + iPhone 5 = tethering?

国内の対応キャリアは従来と同様、ソフトバンクとauでドコモはなし。このiPhone 5はLTEに対応しており、高速なデータ通信が利用できる。まだ正式発表はないが、auの端末でテザリングができるようだ。実機を操作してみると、auのiPhone5にはソフトバンクのiPhone 5にはない「インターネット共有」という設定項目があるのだ。これは、iPhone 5のネット回線をゲーム機やノートPCなどの無線LANデバイスで利用できるテザリング機能のこと。ちなみにiPhone 4Sにもテザリング機能はあったのたが、ソフトバンクとauの端末では無効にされていた。

Thats very interesting.

They couldn't say.

It's released a week today, and I was - they say - 18th on the list.

So it all will depend on how many they get and which models are popular. Obviously.

But that's all they could say! They just said they will call when they have it.

:doh:

Rumour seems to have it though that Apple have made billions to start off with, like they did with the ipad earlier in the year, so if I'm lucky I might get it next Friday.

Not sure about the making billions, gg. I read somewhere that they were having issues making as many as they wanted due to the screen, or something similar.

It's a secret of course. ;)

Will be interesting to see when you get it. 3 weeks now if you order online in the US apparently. Apple "blown away" with demand, but no numbers yet.

The au catalogue says that some of android au smartphones already do tethering.

They don't have the Galaxy III though, which I expected them to have.

Problem is, android is rubbish.

Or at least not the same quality experience as ios.

Yeah, I know..... ;)

I'll let you know when I get mine.

The au catalogue says that some of android au smartphones already do tethering.

They don't have the Galaxy III though, which I expected them to have.

Problem is, android is rubbish.

Or at least not the same quality experience as ios.

Yeah, I know..... ;)

I'll let you know when I get mine.

Yes correct some of the AU phones do in fact do tethering, but just the high end ones.

It's funny, Iphone users say android is rubbish, and android users say iphone os is rubbish, as it is to restrictive, less user friendly and offers less free stuff!

I am happy with the Android system, its fast, easy to use, very easy to change and update and loads of free apps for anything you need.

But then I guess the iphone users will say the same about apple os.

Will be even happier once I get my new 4G quad core Android smart phone, but just waiting in case AU release some new models which they usually do around Oct / Nov, but of course they don't tell you that!

It depends what you want doesn't it.

I used to use android, still have a (largely-unused) tablet actually, and my gf still uses my Galaxy from last year. She'll be moving over to an iphone 4S soon. ;)

Android simply lacks the elegance of ios. That's just a fact. Perhaps that comes from the 'walled garden', as well as it being totally optimized for use on just 1 machine, rather than being fragmented on 45,345 different variations of different phones.

As for 'tons of free stuff', if you like sifting through mountains and mountains of utter shite freeware, then I suppose Android is just for you. I prefer less of that myself.

You need to have experience of both to make a valid comparison, surely. I was only really convinced about iPhone when I used it, after which it's almost a no-brainer.

It depends what you want doesn't it.

I used to use android, still have a (largely-unused) tablet actually, and my gf still uses my Galaxy from last year. She'll be moving over to an iphone 4S soon. ;)

Android simply lacks the elegance of ios. That's just a fact. Perhaps that comes from the 'walled garden', as well as it being totally optimized for use on just 1 machine, rather than being fragmented on 45,345 different variations of different phones.

As for 'tons of free stuff', if you like sifting through mountains and mountains of utter shite freeware, then I suppose Android is just for you. I prefer less of that myself.

You need to have experience of both to make a valid comparison, surely.

Oh absolutely.

Both are good, and both must have there good and bad points.

As far as free aps go, I don't actually shift through mountains of freeware, but I do like the fact that I can get anything I want free to try and buy if I like it. But yes some of the free stuff is complete rubbish.

The main point I was making is how I find it funny how we say that our phone is better than the other, when a lot of it comes down to preference or what we are used to.