• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to phone them tonight just to check.   But unless they have rebuilt my local pub on my parent's land, I think I know the answer!

(but only girls please)

I just spent the last 20 minutes playing around with it and my first impression is that it looks really similar to the google maps app. It also doesn't accurately find my location and when I try to find directions to my home it is setting the location to my old address (I moved 3 years ago). Really quite annoying and no obvious fix for that.

This may have been mentioned but the au iphone 5 supports tethering out of the box.

http://japan.internet.com/allnet/20120919/2.html

I haven't paid that much attention to smartphones before, but I think this is the first time au has subsidized the handset cost for existing au users. It sounds like you can get the 16GB one of under ichiman. If so, I think we'll get one.

http://www.au.kddi.com/iphone/ryokin/index.html

On further research, the data plan isn't unlimited, its 7GB a month.

That might sound a lot, but if you stream your music off the cloud, like all the hey wow isn't it amazing adverts suggest, its only 230MB a day. That's only a couple of hours of music.

Tethering may be allowed, but I wouldn't go hard on it.

I was out today so I asked at the au shop.

For existing users the 16GB iphone 4S is discounted so you actually get 10,000 cash back off the data plan. The iphone 5 is discounted to pay about 10,000 on top, so a 20,000 yen difference.

Japanese tech sites reckon the au android lineup will be updated in the next three weeks or so.

There is talk of Google already submitting a Google Maps app.

Wonder why they don't just let Apple stew for a bit!

All 4 of the main TV channels had "live coverage" of the opening of the Apple store in Ginza this morning, with a carefully delayed opening by a few seconds so they got the countdown in.

The one I saw also had some woefully inaccurate info:

- the display is now a high definition retina display (whereas the 4 and 4S weren't??)

- it's 5 times faster at web browsing - take a look.... showing you the phone connected to 3G.

:lol:

With the launch of iOS 6, Apple finally brought a clock app to the iPad. Now, however, the design of the clocks in the app has become somewhat of a controversy as Swiss Federal Railways (mostly known under its German acronym SBB), has accused the company of ripping off the design of its iconic railway station clock design. Apple’s design is almost an exact copy of the Swiss Railway Station Clock that the organization has been using since the 1940s.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Are Apple getting dumber?