We used the apple map as a car navi (just for distance really) last week and it was quite good fun.

It was interesting seeing where the Chuo actually is compared to the terrain. Much better than a standard car navi that has the highway and nothing else.

For data usage, the big one is if you stream audio and video off the cloud.Though you mightn't use it yourself, it's one of the things they push in the adverts. All that match your mp3s at higher quality off the ITunes store stuff. If the cloud worked as flawlessly and unlimited as they suggest, you could just buy the lowest memory phone and have no worries.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to phone them tonight just to check.   But unless they have rebuilt my local pub on my parent's land, I think I know the answer!

(but only girls please)

Depends, Kofu is far from being a major area, but we have LTE here and some parts of Yamanashi has LTE some parts don't.

The coverage is certainly a bit thin at the moment, and I do hope that the entire country gets it, as it is so fast you almost don't need a computer now!

LTE is currently only in major areas. I'm pissed at Softbank for shooting that damned currently running LTE commercial in my back yard when they have no intentions of ever offering LTE 4g in this area. Bastids!!!!

Actually, what's the difference then between LTE and 4G? I'm more interested in the 4G thing for my mobile wifi but the LTE and 4G seem to go hand in hand.

That's not literally my back yard....it's the parking lot off the right of my house. Same spot my SMAPer Kusanagi.....Ninkyo Helper movie was shot. :wave: