I'm quite shocked at how hungover I felt this morning, and I'm sure I didn't drink a huge amount.

Probably the equivelant of about 4 pints of lager.

That was just a starter at one time, I need to re-adjust it seems.

Sad isn't it!

:doh:

I had a "posh picnic" on Tuesday.....wine, cheese and assorted ante-pasto (sp) and yesterday I woke up with a thumping headache and drier than a nun's chuff!! Wine really has a real dehydrative effect on me

Hangovers really suck hey.

We know we're going to get them.

But we still drink.

Says a lot about how much we like the night before if we put up with the after-effects!

I'm feeling rather fragile this morning.

Only had 4 pints last night - a fabulous Guinness, an Old Golden Hen, and Old Speckled Hen and an IPA.

Perhaps mixing them wasn't the best idea.

Well.....your are 69 remember. Hardly a spring chicken anymore.
Oi!! I resemble that remark!!

It is dehydration pure and simple. I actually rarely drink. Can go weeks between them, but I still have hangovers fairly regularly....usually on the morning after I have had a super busy day, not drunk enough water and not had enough sleep. If you hydrate you should be OK. Problem is alcohol is probably more dehydrating than salt, so you need to drink a motza of water. Electrolytes help.

Does the old "drink milk before you start your session - to line your stomach" old tale actually work?
To a degree. If you drink alcohol on an empty stomach it will be absorbed quickly into your system, and it will likely irritate our stomach lining causing heartburn as well.

By lining your stomach with a food drink like milk you will create a buffer, but a meal, pies or bag of crisps will work about the same.

I had a massive hangover after a big night a few months ago, I was in a bad way for a few days.

Haven't touched a drop since actually, can't face it.