A new feature, "180 Degrees", written by SJ Forum member barok, has been put online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/180degrees-1.html

When I asked SnowJapan.com’s editors if I could do a feature on freestyle snowboarding, I was stoked to get the nod, but when they asked me to write an introductory piece on myself, I was shocked. I never thought my story here would be all that interesting to anyone but myself, but if you have nothing better to read, here yah go...

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/180degrees-1.html

A lot of SnowJapan.Com Forum members get a mention in the article - see how many you can find...

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Discuss it here....

Hey Barok,

nice piece of work. Good to know where yo'all is coming from and to put a face on the 'regular' mob.

I'm very jealous of your current lifestyle.

Keep up the good work (writing to this page that is!), having a blast on the slopes, and making the Patrols cringe!

We salute 'The Barok'.

SZ.

i truly enjoyed your 'piece' (piece is a good word).

u've done what i wished for. i tried to a dream season in NZ, but it ended in pain. so im back in a big city clamouring for the bus every chance i get...it is definitelt sub optimal.

i went back to oz last year (after nz) with the GF, but she didnt dig the vibe, so i said we could go back (to japan), so long as we went to sapporo. then one fateful day i said maybe it would be easier in nagoya, and the sappora idea died for good.

damn my foolish mouth.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikazooki:
then one fateful day i said maybe it would be easier in nagoya, and the sappora idea died for good.
damn my foolish mouth.
Glad that it's not just me then! Could be worse places but!

Crap Barok I didnt think you were a researcher!

Yeah, this page has made it so easy to meet people. A few years back, it was just by chance and chance alone that you could, might meet someone to ride with. When you live in a place like kyoto like me, its hard to find people who go up on a regular basis. Keep the guide rocking.

See yeah in march

Great article!

And for the record you didn't scare me! I wanna get back and share some turns but work and financial barriers say otherwise.

I will hit back up there come March when things calm down for me! I shall try and drag db and posse along too.

Besides I still owe you some beers for that Nov. night floor!

Oh and from the working class point of view I hate ys and love ya for what you got! ;\)

yeah, same here b-rok. My absence is a result of me always choosing where/when to go the night before the day. by then it is usually to late to make plans with others (hence i usually ride alone).

i reckon i will see you soon though \:\)

cool all, thanks for the props. . . and akibun, not a circle, anyone can meet up with other people on this forum, all you have to do is talk to people.

next article will come when I can get the proper photos together.

Anyways I have a vacation coming up - yea! So my plan is Hakuba 47 or Cortina on March 5th, 6th and 7th, Takasu on March 9th and 10th, then a Day off of riding and everything on the 11th, then maybe Nozawa/Kijimadaira/ARAI on the 13th and 14th if it looks good.

I've got something special planned on March 12th, stay tuned.