SnowJapan Community

Hmm lets think.

Top right of Kandatsu Kogen

Some bits of Gala on the left

I'll think of some more, but caught up in some things at the mo.

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Top of Centleisure maiko is pretty steep, is it called "millionaire"?

You mean the mogul run serviced by the pair lift?

Interesting I was just thinking about this..... not much steep at Kagura really is there?

Originally Posted By: joshnii
Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Top of Centleisure maiko is pretty steep, is it called "millionaire"?

You mean the mogul run serviced by the pair lift?

think so, some of the b/c there is steep stuff.

It needs a lot of snow as it is very steep. Not sure on the policy but the last few years it has certainly not been open every day, far from it especially early/late season. It might even be the steepest in the region.

I've always thought that Kandatsu run was the steepest in the Yuzawa area, although part of Naeba where the old ropeway used to run (back in the day) might contend.

Kandatsu is not biggest skijo in Yuzawa but it has a good selection of steep slopes. Lots of mogul also.

I heard though last few season they close left side on weekday and only small part open.

Kandatsu is a bad choice if you don't like moguls and don't want thay steep slope.

And if you want a fully open skijo on a weekday.

I find Kandatsu pretty strange all round really. From that approach via lift, to the large chunks being closed, to the many ownership changes, and strange combination of courses +.

Make it peak season, masher. Those slopes do seem to be closed a fair bit either due to the snow or 'weekday' issues.

If you are in that area, I would definitely check out Hakkaisan as well. It's not that far just to the north of Yuzawa.

Had to laugh, the usual "Kandatsu might not make it" rumours seem to be going around again. It's a tradition I think! lol

Surely not changing hands again?!

Remember when Pine Ridge took it over and had all these ambitious plans? The only thing that seemed to happen was less people went, the resort part closed in the week and they destroyed half the base building!

I saw a few slopes in Yuzawa when I was there that looked well beyond me. Still a beginner. Regretted going over to the south area of Gala and soon made my way back to the main part!

You soon get to be able to go steeper girbler. Just keep on enjoying and you'll be up there sooner than you imagine.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.