The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

I like this headline I found today

"Rampant Rafa halted by Roland Garros rain in quest for seventh title"

No, it's not the Uncle Rafa, the fat Spanish waiter, scouse friends. A little more investigation reveals:

"Rafael Nadal was thwarted in his quest to secure a seventh French Open title by rain. The Spaniard was in control against Novak Djokovic when play was halted."

England played "park the bus" tactics, they defended well, but didn't really attack all that much. A well earned point, perhaps what Woy was aiming for.....not to lose as opposed to try and win. Unless he has a plan B for the other games, its hard to see where England's goals will come from. Rooney coming back in the game after next will undoubtedly help but I was surprised to see England play such defensive tactics.

**** me that referee in the japan australia game is card happy? Maybe fifa changed the rules in the last two years, but is it now every two free kicks against you gets a player on your team carded?

...holy shit! did he just blow the whistle when japan had a free kick? :0 I feel like Billy Bremner must have felt when trying to break someones leg suddenly got you booked in the mid 80s. I dont understand this game anymore.

No idea, they were lining up the free kick. It was taking a bit of time, but thats a free kick on the edge of the box for you... they looked just about ready to take it and suddenly peep peep, game over.

I only saw the last ten minutes and that was in Russian on sopcast because I was sitting at my computer. From that alone, the ref looked a bit of a joke.

The free kick should definitely have been taken, but at 300 pixels wide on my screen, it looked like Honda went down very easily to win it.