• 1 year later...

Another bank one.

I have lots of bank ones, they always seem to go out of their way to frustrate me.

Today I went in wanting to take out more cash than my daily limit allows from my account.

I needed to fill out a form and as I had my official "address rubber stamp" for my business that I use, I got out of writing out the kanji like a 2 year old.

Guess what? Can't use a rubber stamp. For personal stuff, you need to write it with your hand. So I had to write out the same kanji as was on the rubber stamp, on the same form.

Arrggghh..

Another bank one.

I have lots of bank ones, they always seem to go out of their way to frustrate me.

Today I went in wanting to take out more cash than my daily limit allows from my account.

I needed to fill out a form and as I had my official "address rubber stamp" for my business that I use, I got out of writing out the kanji like a 2 year old.

Guess what? Can't use a rubber stamp. For personal stuff, you need to write it with your hand. So I had to write out the same kanji as was on the rubber stamp, on the same form.

Arrggghh..

Would love to know the reason for that one!

:lol:

Thankfully I almost never go into a bank, just use the ATM.

I honestly don't have much experience of banks anywhere outside of Japan - are they so anal about stuff like that in other countries?

I'd say that Japanese banks are at least 20-25 years behind where banks are at in Aus currently. Few people actually go into banks anymore in Aus except maybe old people. Just about everyone does everything over the internet. And you know how everyone in Japan still has bank books where they update their balance. In Aus using bank books is pretty much unheard of now. Most banks you'd be lucky if there are more than 5 people behind the counter including the manager. Whereas in Japan it seemed half the town worked at the bank. You know how you see about 20 women behind desks full of paperwork well it's not like that in Aus anymore.

Another bank one.

Arrggghh..

Maybe the rules state that the form must be in duplicate, and obviously a rubber stamp will not go through more than one page. ( though you could just stamp the other pages as well)

Would love to know the reason for that one!

:lol:

Thankfully I almost never go into a bank, just use the ATM.