• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
And good for them! grandpa

However. It's the high paying families rather than the cheapo bums that the businesses want.

Think most businesses would like ANY money right, regardless of where it comes from. Pensions, hotels, minshokus, ski-jos, they don't care where the money comes from, as long as they get some to support them.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: seemore
I have just had some quotes from an agent and the accomodation cost is still the killer for us.

I hate to say it but maybe they should be more realistic in their pricing and more people would come.

Seemore
thats surprising, compared to our Aust prices i would have thought you would have been more that happy. I always look at the pensions and there are heaps of good ones that include breakast and drops off at the lifts all for around $70-$90 per night. Good value IMO

when I stayed in Niseko 2 years ago, thru CNY, I stayed in a Pension that was 3 mins walk from the lifts....it was 7k a night inc Breakfast and dinner. Extremely reasonable IMO

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see what you think about the area's compaired to where you have been before Nth island I guess.We loved the town of Nozawa best village we have been to so far ski feild good 5 day's will be enough to cover it all.Hakuba is good but we got sick of relying on the suttle bus's to get around.and town ship is very spread out.But you will have agreat time at both and get to enjoy some great japanese culture.Im taking the family to Niseko so I am interested to see what they think about the area compaired to where we have been before.

I have resolved myself to get to Nagano/Tokyo/Kyoto at the very least for a 2+ week vacation, with hopefully 10-12 of those days on mountain.

I'd like to get to Niseko but with the USD being so damn weak, I just don't see how I can afford to get to Niseko as well (airfare, transfers, luggage + board bag) Everything I see seems to just make the cost too much coming from SFO to NRT to CTS.