2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Where's the best place to see the early bird deals, at the accommodation websites?

Hmm, let me think.
confused
If you go to the Take That website, they might have something. You might even get to download their latest video at the same time!
  • SnowJapan Admin

SantaCruz

You probably know this but I will post it anyway. After all, it's our website. friend

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/hokkaido-niseko-accommodation.php

These are the places listed on our site, if you hadn't noticed.

There are links to the websites of the accommodation on each of the pages.

There's a start for you.

Got a few friends that might be visiting. A month or so ago there were as good as cancelling plans but seem to be coming round now. It'll take a bit more time but I reckon they will end up coming. I'm sure that in the end lots of people who were interested will still be interested given time. Will just see the booking situation shunted back to be later than it has been perhaps.

I was considering booking Youtei Tracks at Niseko again next year , but was told no 1 bedrom or suites available for Jan [ at least from mid Jan to the end Jan. ] So that looks like interest is still very high in Hokkaido at least.

Actually that's probably more to do with the fact that HT have a policy of not splitting 2-key apartmnents until much later in the booking season. They like to try and sell the whole apartments rather than splitting them early on. If you try later you may well be able to get a 1 bedder.

NB: There are no dedicated 1 bedder apartments in Yotei Tracks. They are only created by splitting 2-key apartments.

Probably everything to do with...

If you can't find something now, you are probably mistakenly looking for tickets to go see Lady Gaga and need to buck up your looking ideas!

Gara-gara, if you know what that means.

I was thinking that. I only booked late last year and had no problems. But that was Nagano. I would do the same again, must really because of work and other things.

yeah, getting seats on flights - and accomodation - for a group (4, 6, sometimes more) all together and suitable for families (EG rooms next to one another or apartments large enough....) ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS... sorta requires booking early most of the time.

If you are traveling as a couple, are pretty flexible on dates, times, where to stay - then no problem! But the flights from Aus only go UP UP UP the longer you wait.

If I book long in advance its to give me a chance to pay it up over a longer period......if I just say I'll save the cash, I won't and I wouldn't be able to go....I'm shite with money ashamed

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I doubt it does here in Niigata or many other places for that matter.
But the flights are still an issue muika. I left mine until 3 months out last year, and got hit big time by massive fares and there was a very real difficulty finding seats together - luckily we only had 4 this time - if we had been trying to seat 6 together then you can forget it. Serious! omg

New ball game from now on though... we used to book the one direct Perth-Tokyo flight (QANTAS), but they have canceled that flight route since the earthquake, so all flights will be via Sing or HK now, so our choice of airline suddenly goes up - if QANTAS is not offering the goods then we can look at other airlines, as there is no advantage (other than the crappy QANTAS CLUB) in sticking with them. When it was a direct overnight flight - that was a big advantage.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

New ball game from now on though... we used to book the one direct Perth-Tokyo flight (QANTAS), but they have canceled that flight route since the earthquake, so all flights will be via Sing or HK now, so our choice of airline suddenly goes up - if QANTAS is not offering the goods then we can look at other airlines, as there is no advantage (other than the crappy QANTAS CLUB) in sticking with them. When it was a direct overnight flight - that was a big advantage.

Are you sure as someone I know flew to Perth two weeks ago, from Tokyo, on Qantas.

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Are you sure as someone I know flew to Perth two weeks ago, from Tokyo, on Qantas.

um...no. I am not sure. I was sure it was canceled indefinitely - I had not heard of it being put back on. Will check it out. Was an awesome option!
  • 2 weeks later...

No firm plans at all but always wanted to get to Japan.

To get there to ride the snow would be totally awesome.

I found this place last night and have been spending a lot of time.

It's really tuned me into the idea of going to Japan.

Great site btw.

thumbsup

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: OzOzOz
The second poster summed it up pretty good:

Other places I want to visit just don't have any of this shit going on.

Hope they can get things cleared up, but it's going to be a difficult few years for Japan tourism I think.

OK so I posted this a fair while back.

Perhaps expected but time is healing.

I still think that we need some decent news coming from Fukushima though to really make a difference.