i definitely see more skiers at nozawa them boarders. you can check out the numbers on the sj resort pages. according to them, it's 72% skiers, 28% boarders at nozawa; 40% skiers, 60% boarders at 47. interesting.

A lot of the older places like Nozawa or Happo are still dominated by skiers. Some of the smaller places that advertise their toys as the main attraction are dominated by boarders. After spending so much time at Nozawa last year, I was surprised to go to Miyoko and see a roughly 50/50 balance there.

Maybe 'dominated' is the wrong word to use, but in some cases it does feel that way.

And also it would be good to know the % of Cheesefans out there.

Perhaps in the off season Features this year you could concentrate on that and do some analysis, SJ, like you did last year with the Yuzawa stats?

Depending on where you go, I guess. When I was up at Tazawako I was surprised to see the place was very much an old school ski resort(meaning mostly skiers). Same goes for Nozawa and Myoko Suginohara. But the most lopsided place I`ve been to so far this season has got to be Hotaka Bokujo in Gunma Pref...I swear it was 90% boarder/10% skier(no joke)! eek.gif

On the Japanese news last night about skiers and snowboarders and interview with some resort. All of them say that boarder is increase again this year, but total number of guest is again down. They looked sad!

I saw that (or something similar too) the other night. They also interviewed a few skier only places (can't remember the names) and they said that their numbers were up on last year.