Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the (in)famous Stinky, the Chinese Snowboarding Cheese is no longer with us having fallen from a Gondy, doing what he did best, profiling for a pic. Sadly he could not be recovered. Here is the last known pic, moments before the calamity. Will post more later when Im not so emotional.

panhead_pete_200.JPG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COMPASSION?!!!

Seriously?

Pete.....come one!

I have a bad day and you tease me about epic tree runs - and yet you want compassion coz Stinky ran away from home?!

OH! ALRIGHT! console

There there.

Originally Posted By: griller
I can't see any teasing about tree runs Mamabear (another thread?)

He seems generally distraught!

Facebook
He takes his teasing off board wink

I am sorry Pete.
Losing Stinky must have really shaken you up.
I am a mean mean woman.
I repent. And apologize. worship
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
RIP Stinky.

Mamabear, did I do that trip report that you were going to make? I think I might have missed it.

Did YOU do it?
wink
No, I have not done it yet.
I am having a bit of an epic FAIL few weeks since coming home.
I just got my laptop back - so I can get on line easier, so I will get to it.

But be warned.
It might be cheesier than Stinky lol

Pete, my man, I believe Stinky did not fall out, he jumped. Consider the facts: He disappeared the day before you were set to pull up stakes, and after a snowfall, so that he would have a soft landing. He picked a time when you would be trapped in the gondola and unable to chase him for a while, giving him time to escape.

The motivation? Simple! He doesn't want to go back. You took him out of a one-rope-tow bunny-slope town, and introduced a whole wide new world to him. It is only natural that he wants to explore more, now that he has tasted something new. He chose that time and manner of escape to save you both painful good-byes, and possibly to avoid you trying to talk him out of it.

It is a natural process. He needs to go get some things out of his system. He may even need to experiment with some things that, frankly, you'll probably be better off not knowing about. But he is a strong cheese, and has had a good mentor: you.

So let him go. If by chance your paths cross again some day, I am sure you will be proud of the well-matured cheese he has become.

And you can be proud of the role you took in his development.

Be well.

However, the defence has uncovered this image of a relative of one of those Shiga Kogen monkeys who is visiting, choffing on what may well be Stinky.

WARNING: EXPLICIT

Click to reveal..
monkey-cheese.jpg