• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy rain last night and this morning at my pad. First time in weeks and weeks, so I'll take that. Obviously a shame if its your only chance to get out. Its kind of snowing now but at a 1cm per day rate.

Heavy rain, overnight freeze, then sun for days usually means roofs dumping their snow in big chunks. Don't hang around near one, and watch where you park your car.

There was about 15cm top of Happo this morning and its been SNOWING all day at the bottom, although quickly melting, no doubt that ISNT happening higher. Tomorrow could well be a great day.

If any of you guys are in town and want to catch up I am at the Whitehorse in Echoland and tonight is the BBQ dinner.

I went to Happo today, Vis was real poor up top but there was new snow on crust up there. midway was pretty much ice with some dust on it and down low there was some heavy wet snow. I only got two runs in coz I got there late, I think it was 4 - 4:30 and I only went on the far left of the mountain if your looking up at it, sorry not sure what it's called but you get the idea anyway. I'm sure there may have been a few stashes for those in the know but not me, first time here.

I kinda worried when i arrived at myoko kogen station and saw a the roads were completely clear. Drove up to akakan and it was pretty mcuh the same. Around 10 it started to snow a bit. I got in the gondola and rode up to the top, strapped in and went straight for the untracked pow...

flump.

Very heavy, wet powder. It stayed like that until about 1 and suddenly things started changing. The temperature also definitely dropped. The snow was coming down heavier, leaving this awesome little layer you could just glide on. Wicked fun stuff. Its been snowing all day and its apparently going to puke tonight. smile tomorrow is gonna be a blast... maybe the only blast im gonna really get if the 9 day weather report for myoko is accurate, but nevertheless im pretty happy with it smile

Originally Posted By: ippy
It stayed like that until about 1 and suddenly things started changing. The temperature also definitely dropped. The snow was coming down heavier, leaving this awesome little layer you could just glide on. Wicked fun stuff. Its been snowing all day and its apparently going to puke tonight. smile tomorrow is gonna be a blast... maybe the only blast im gonna really get if the 9 day weather report for myoko is accurate, but nevertheless im pretty happy with it smile

And it's just going to get better from there. Happo/47 should be OK but beta further out, I would think.