Originally Posted By: SKI
Good to hear the last bit.

But... how can powder be very heavy and wet? confused

pedant! razz

Saying that though, powder in ten years time might actually come to mean just lots of snow regardless of its fluffiosity. Well, in snowboard parlance smile Maybe im at the cutting edge of fashion here! im the lady gaga of snowboarding terminology! dance
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Very Nice, who was there today
Dust on crust in Hakuba, should brought my ice skates

Originally Posted By: ger, who lives in Shikoku
And it's just going to get better from there. Happo/47 should be OK but beta further out, I would think.

Phew, glad about that.
Originally Posted By: ippy
Originally Posted By: SKI
Good to hear the last bit.

But... how can powder be very heavy and wet? confused

pedant! razz

You're right, snow that is "very heavy and wet" can be counted as powder no worries. I forgot.

Come on!

Well anyway, here the rain turned into snow and while we haven't got any outside the house now the trees have a bit and it will all look very pretty tomorrow morning.

Hope people have fun wherever they go.

friend

Originally Posted By: best skier in hakuba
I think come another few days, the cry is going to be something like

sun sun go away!

wink

Yes...certainly seems so according to the forecast. I'll change the title in a couple days. lol

Well, hurry up and get the **** out of there VeryNice. Looks like you've got one day left anywhere before the sun-pocalypse hits. Considering pretty much all the piste access terrain in Niseko is tracked out by lunch time you've probably only got about a half day left of powder. Save your time and money and just go back to Australia. The season is done.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Considering pretty much all the piste access terrain in Niseko is tracked out by lunch time you've probably only got about a half day left of powder.

That includes just about all the BC that's readily accessible from the gates. Was quite surprised how quickly it was all tracked when I was there last week.
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Originally Posted By: VeryNice
Going to try to get to niseko tomorrow, looking at flights, came to Japan for powder not this!

Have you checked the weather forecast....

Looks like it's coping it atm, it will be cold enough for the powder, tracked or not tracked it should still stay powder till sunday then warm weather and rain. Only Thursday and fri look like they'll be bit windy. so if I get there tomorrow night should have at least 3 good days!!

Check the calendar VeryNice. Tomorrow is Sunday. All that beautiful snow will be gone by Monday lunch time at the latest. Why don't you pay me the 500$ you'll pay for the trip to Niseko and I'll take you on a backcountry tour in Hakuba.

Sounds good to me but my GF's a beginner and I want her to at least get into the powder even if she doesn't get much, still better than the ice roads here. I did see some pow at the top of 47/Goru but fenced off trees. I believe there is some here if you know where to look but yeah, it's not just me I'm thinking of.. back country is out of the question for her.

It's gonna be 1400 return and what ever I spend on a hotel, so I'm looking at hotels and trying to find something.