• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after 10 years of a pretty sedentry life style got back into it last year. Been exercising consistantly for the last 5 months.

Cycle about an hour to an hour and a half 4 times a week, also got into weight training 4 times a week, which I have found really addictive.

Got to a point where I now am doing sets of 160 Kg single leg 45 degree leg press.

Also doing core exercises on swiss ball.

Looking forward to this season, and also continuing to strengthen both cardio fitness and muscle strenght.

• 4 weeks later...

Running, swimming and cycling.

And a little bit of weights and yoga.

Daughter has started swimming every morning for a few hours so might as well do something as well.

Seemore

I have been TRYING to run a few times a week, squats push-ups and sit-ups as well when I do. Ran today and did some stair work at the local set of cliffs in Brisbane City - that got the thighs burning. Might have to do some more of that over the coming weeks I think.

Frankly I hate exercise but the endorphins after and the feeling of having 'done something' JUST make it all worthwhile.... JUST smile

Originally Posted By: Tex
Frankly I hate exercise but the endorphins after and the feeling of having 'done something' JUST make it all worthwhile.... JUST smile

Pretty fair call I reckon!
Although tonight I am not sure the endorphins cut it. I noticed that I was struggling doing my laps at the pool tonight - usually an hour is not a drama, but I was really feeling the fatigue in my arms and legs tonight...maybe 20 minutes in. Felt pretty average.
Home now - going to be and taking antibiotics - my ear hurts and my throat is sore. I think I am coming down sick. Endorphins are making me feel marginally better than terrible rolleyes
  • 2 weeks later...

Hah, this is probably the right thread for me. I have 14 days to get ski fit. Doom doom doomie doom.

I hate exercise, but I've been so tired lately and my blood pressure/heart rate have felt off since the wedding so it is definitely time to hop on that bike. Maybe some walks up the port hills too?

I did some reasonable pre-season training once, mainly going to the gym for leg and cardio workout. I thought I was doing well, but then i decided to strap into my snowboard at home and do some indoor jumping about (on top of a few towels to protect the floor!). Basically balancing and bouncing on one tip of the snowboard, with the other end in the air, then popping and landing on the other and back again etc. And MAN my legs hurt the day after!!

So I think you actually need to do the real thing to reach those muscles you simply don't use otherwise. Or, I suck at gym training, which is very plausible...

But it was quite fun, and really good balance training. And probably a great way to wear out the pop in your snowboard too razz

Another exercise that's supposed to be good, but which I haven't tried yet, is to try and balance on a plank of wood placed across a small barrel of some sort. You'll be continuously shifting your weight to maintain balance. And probably fall over, heaps.

Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, balancing on a tennis ball with one foot! But that's a little lame smile But I do like my exercises to include a good deal of balance training as well as strength! Mainly because I like the odd jibbing about in the piste when there's no good powder runs to be had.