• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• SnowJapan Admin

OK so we thought it was time for a bit of a change up top and as you can see have replaced the old "logo in the left, small photo on the right" with what you can see at the top of this page. The idea is that with a slightly larger photo we can change that whenever we wish.

We can easily change it back to how it was, or do something else.... but as you are the ones using the Forums would love some feedback, so let us know if you like it or not.

If it is actually causing any problems, please do let us know about it. Thanks.

Let's poll.

Originally Posted By: scouser
Agree with what best skier said.
thumbsup
Would be good to change photos every so often.

my thoughts exactly, being able to change photos every so often would be refreshing.

I like the big pic on top.

However, having being to art school, I get wary about what we call edge problems. Since we have something square, the edge can really attract its "edgy-ness" and space there - which is what is now. It actually squashes the logo there more than what is "compact" now.

Hope you take this as a positive crit.

• SnowJapan Admin

Comments are fine Jynxx... though I am not sure what you mean there - the logo is actually untouched from before (apart from "Forums" being cut from it). And the photo was larger than the area we cut it from so I think/thought that the edges are cut cleanly...(?)

Since you are making visual improvements, I decided to comment. What I mean is the empty space at both sides on top. Before, there was something there ... yes it was that small muika's pic .on right. Now it becomes obvious that there are empty spaces on both top corners which seems to squash whats at the enter. Especially when the "snowjapan""mainsite" etc, and the pic have no space in between.

• SnowJapan Admin

Oh right I see what you mean.

I personally prefer the space at the sides rather than the huge space in the middle on my widescreen.

Depending on screen size, some people won't have much on either side.

I think it looks more balanced now.

Open to comments though, all welcome.

friend

Having studied design in a computer course, big white gaps in the middle actually make sites look bland.

Too much info also is bad - think you guys have got a good balance going on.

Definitely an improvement, I like it all in the middle neatly above the buttons.

That photo on the right at that size would look weird and unbalanced.