friendYesterday I was freezing in the morning, had to turn the heaters on to get the kids out of bed ...

coolmirrors then we all got sunburnt and overheated in our tee shirts at rugby by 11am...

friendBut were sniggling into the big thick doona's by 10pm again.

Clear skies in Perth during Winter....

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
think it was 34 here today....the end of summer. No more swimming at the beach from tomorrow, after all those jellyfish have been waiting to float into the shore

They wait until 1st September?

Those jellyfish really are quite clever aren't they.

Yep, officially fed up!! This is the first summer in a long time that I stayed in Japan or at least home here in Shizuoka. I felt faint and just about passed out yesterday. This heat is relentless. Can't wait for winter....off to Hokkaido again this year..yeah!!

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
think it was 34 here today....the end of summer. No more swimming at the beach from tomorrow, after all those jellyfish have been waiting to float into the shore

They wait until 1st September?

Those jellyfish really are quite clever aren't they.

Just back from a late afternoon dip at the beach (place was desrted!!) and got stung to high heaven by all those damn jellyfish that have been patiently waiting offshore for the end of swimming season. Almost got swpet away, pity the Surf Patrol weren't there because I definitely needed their help today, I should've heeded their advice yesterday!! doh wink

Japan Meteorological Agency today declared this the hottest summer in 113 years, based on an ``average' daily temperature 1.64 (I think it was) degrees C higher than ``normal.''

I think we're also about to break records for the number of days with a high over 30C and number with a high over 35C and the number of nights with a low of 25C or higher.

Still, at sunset today Mt Fuji was fairly well defined from Tokyo, and the air felt cooler and drier than at the same time just a few days ago (or maybe it was simply that ice-cold Kirin Aki Aji I had to hand).

So cheer up, everyone. The jellyfish are wiggling their tentacles at the caterpillars; the dragonflies are eating the moss on the south side of the shirakaba; the farmers' wives are stockpiling natto; and the La twins, Nina & Nino, are sneaking smokes behind the barn -- it all indicates a wonderful ski season is on the way.

Average of 20.7 in Kutchan over June/July/Aug which was the warmest on record. The previous warmest in 1999 averaged 20 degrees.

Thanking god I don't live in Tokyo though. They averaged 27.1 which was the highest on record beating 26.8 in 1978.

In Osaka they averages 27.4 making it the 3rd warmest. 1994 and 2004 being warmer averaging 28.1 and 27.6 respectively.

Overall it has been one of the hottest summers ever recorded over much of the country.

it's been very warm in Hakuba all summer with some spectacular thunder storms in the evenings.

Luckily there are lakes and rivers to cool down in. Though I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
What do you know, the nights started cooling down noticeably as of last night, Sept. 1 -- right on schedule. (!)

Hasn't happened here.
36 degrees in Koide today, hottest in Japan, and my town not far behind. Aircon through the night again I think.

Yep, was nice here last night when I went to bed. Thermometer said 24, hasn't said that at night time for about a month. A bit surprised by the sudden drop, but there was a cooling wind. biggrin