The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult one this season I reckon it will be closer still this time round.

Switch number 3 and 4 in above and I think that is realistic. Perhaps with those at number 2 taking a place or two down too.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Lots of fuss over here about Capello "dumping" Becks in a tv interview without Becks being told he was to be dumped.

Yeah I dont get it. Becks is done. Why not get rid of the dead wood and let the other over-rate idiots fighting for an England place have a chance at under preforming.

Cos he wants as many caps as possible, in order to stroke his ego to his grave. In return, he is doing some favors for the bigwigs (e.g. England olympic/world cup bids)

yeh but why does he need to be told first? he is just another player. i think a manager doesnt have to molly coddle everyone all the time, they are big boys.

The wait is over! Some interesting fixtures to start the season, plus the top two probably destroying the new boys.

I think the league will continue to get more open. Chelsea and Man Yoo

as one and two, but it could be anyone from four or five after that. I have my doubts about Mancini but I'll say Citeh and then Everton as dark horses.

Should be interesting to see how Mourinho and Rafa do too.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
yeh but why does he need to be told first?

Man management skills.
Basic decency/respect.

Not really to do with it being Becks.
Originally Posted By: bobby12
Confused about EPL on Jsports. This says it will be on:
http://soccer.skyperfectv.co.jp/information/2010/08/e2sptv-13202918.html

But I look in the TV schedule on my TV for jsports and theres no games on this weekend...

its on their website.

http://www.jsports.co.jp/program_guide/month/english/today.html