The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Wish I was going now, bet it will be a great atmoshere in Old Trafford. A very fine sunny day too.

GG will be there to keep us updated via Ipad. He said so, I believe.

lol

Surely no! Perhaps the next morning.

3-0 as predicted but only four shots on target allowed and no stupid sendings off. Bad miss by Carroll at 0-0 too. Better than expected!

It looks like ManYoo fans have given up the green and gold for a silent protest. I've heard more atmosphere in a pub. Maybe they should allow vuvuzelas to liven things up.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

Any other irrelevant well-worn stereotypical comments to come out of the old cupboard?

Plenty...........

Quote:

Q: Did you hear that the Post Office just recalled their latest stamps?
A: They had pictures of Manchester United Players on them...and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Quote:

A van driver used to amuse himself by running over every Manchester United fan he would see strutting down the side of the road, dressed in their ubiquitous red colours. He would swerve to hit them and there would be a loud "THUMP" and then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the driver was driving along, he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the van over. He asked the Priest, "Where are you going, Father?"

"I'm going to say mass at St. Joseph's church, about two miles down the road," replied the priest.

"No problem Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in!"

The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the van continued down the road. Suddenly the driver saw a Manchester United fan walking down the road and instinctively swerved to hit him. But, just in time, he remembered the bloody priest, so at the last minute he swerved back to the road, narrowly missing the man.

However even though he was certain he missed the glory-hunting shite, he still heard a loud "THUD." Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything he turned to the priest and said

"I'm sorry Father, I almost hit that Manchester United fan,"

"That's okay," replied the priest. "I got the f***er with the door!"

Quote:

Q: What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4:45 pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs Prison?
A: They are both full of cockneys trying to get out.

Quote:

Top tip for Manchester United fans: don't waste money on expensive new kits every season. Simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support.
Quote:
Top tip for Liverpool, CHelsea, Arse fans: don't waste money on expensive new kits every season. Simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support.

Good that.
Quote:
Manchester City agree deal to sign James Milner from Aston Villa
• Settlement with Stephen Ireland seals £26m swap-deal
• Milner in Manchester for medical as City's spending goes on

More nutty than the "Warning: May contain nuts" warning on a bag of nuts.
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Quote:
Manchester City agree deal to sign James Milner from Aston Villa
• Settlement with Stephen Ireland seals £26m swap-deal
• Milner in Manchester for medical as City's spending goes on

More nutty than the "Warning: May contain nuts" warning on a bag of nuts.

And they are nuts!