The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

Gutted!

Miserable performance. You'd think with me only being able to get to one or two games a year they might up the game a bit, just for me like. Wigan were very poor. They got boo-ed.

sadface

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
And Man City held by Spurs - who apparently were dominant first half.

watched the 1st half and Spurs were all over them Joe Hart had 2 or 3 top class saves to deny Spurs a goal.

Yep Joe Hart showed why he keeps out Given. Its a shame Cappello didnt go for youth in the WC like the Germans did.

Liverpool Arse tonight, should be very interesting. Will Mascherano play?

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Yep Joe Hart showed why he keeps out Given. Its a shame Cappello didnt go for youth in the WC like the Germans did.

Liverpool Arse tonight, should be very interesting. Will Mascherano play?

But isn't Given top quality?

Obviously gutted that we conceded that goal at the end but in general I was fairly pleased with it. Promising signs. Hopefully that wasn't just the brillness of being in the Kop and soaking it all up.

thumbsup

The first part of the game was fairly dull but it suddenly got into gear.

Ngog needs to study the off-side rule though!

Originally Posted By: pie-eater

But isn't Given top quality?

At shot stopping, yes. A bit ropey at the rest and doesn't like competition for "his" place. But not as ropey as Almunia.

Shame about the game, eater. How was the pie?

Who killed Ngog and replaced him with someone who can play?

Cole was well unlukcy with that red card, ok it was a yellow but the arse player really made a meal of it, getting strechered off and then coming on happy as larry for the 2nd half. He should get fined for that.

In the end a draw was fair though, Arse owned the 1st half.

We showed a bit of fight which I havent seen for a while, keep that up and we'll be alright this year.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Who killed Ngog and replaced him with someone who can play?

Cole was well unlukcy with that red card, ok it was a yellow but the arse player really made a meal of it, getting strechered off and then coming on happy as larry for the 2nd half. He should get fined for that.

In the end a draw was fair though, Arse owned the 1st half.

We showed a bit of fight which I havent seen for a while, keep that up and we'll be alright this year.

haha I was thinking that as well!! He has scored a few in pre season and now on the 1st game, maybe he IS a decent player!! smile

Just found this:

Argentina legend Diego Maradona is lining-up a sensational move to become Aston Villa’s next manager. Maradona left his role as Argentina manager after the the World Cup.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Wish I was going now, bet it will be a great atmoshere in Old Trafford. A very fine sunny day too.

GG will be there to keep us updated via Ipad. He said so, I believe.