The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Vidic, whatever anyone else says I'm glad he is staying.

I recall that he had more 'moments' this past season than the one before though.

Hope it's a good game gg. thumbsup

Quote:
Paul Scholes has revealed he was given only two hours notice to decide whether to come out of retirement and play for England in the World Cup.

Manchester United's veteran midfielder, who quit the international scene in 2004, said no after taking a phone call from manager Fabio Capello's right-hand man Franco Baldini the day before the squad was announced.

2 hours.
lol

Seeing as it was Mission Impossible, they should have given Scholes ten seconds!

I think the Vidic to RM story was mainly from his agent to get him more money. With ManYoo's injury problems, it's vital they've kept him though.

Hey does anyone know this:

Someone like Owen Hargreaves who has been injured for, like, forever.... he still gets his wage but is that covered by some kind of insurance or are the club paying out huge amounts for him to do nothing.

Frustrating one that, Hargreaves.

thats a good question Rach. I'd imagine, that with the giant sums that Prem footy players are on, that the insurance companies would crap their pants if they had to pay all the wages of injured players, so either they don't pay his wages or they'll agree to pay a certain amount.....I doubt that they'd be liable for all his wages.

Just imagine the huge chunks of dough he has got for basically doing nowt. Lets work it out. He's probably on 80,000 a week or maybe more. So he's been out for well over 52 weeks so even just that would be over 4 million squid. How mad is that.

I'd guess he gets paid by the club as normal. The Toon had to fight the FA to get compo to pay Owen after he was injured on England duty. He was costing 100 grand a week. I think the FA now has insurance for all players on England duty.

It's in the contract. A rather vital clause.

Some lad was on loan to Sheffield or somebody from Portsmouth and he got injured. The loaned to clud picked up his wage bill. For good will and future interest. Nice.

Owen, being injured gets naff from ManU as he's paid per performance.

I'm pretty sure that Owen gets a relatively low salary with incentives to be ace at United.

*When I say low, probably still more in a week than most Brits earn in a year.

No, I am pretty sure you are wrong.

He gets a "basic" payment which can increase substantially with appearances and goals

"Owen, who finalised his move on Friday after a day of talks with Sir Alex Ferguson at United’s Carrington training ground, admitted he agreed to the move “without a moment’s thoughtâ€. The striker will take take a substantial cut to his £110,000-a-week wages at Newcastle, although he will earn a similar figure if clauses related to goals, appearances and success are met."

"The contract details for the 2 year contract is still to be revealed but rumours are circulating that the deal could be worth £20,000 per week but will also feature bonuses that the player can obtain in order to increase that weekly amount to somewhere within the region of the £120,000 per week he was on at Newcastle United."

Yes it's basic + lots of incentives.

In fact, I can exclusively reveal the details:

£30,000 per week basic pay.

£20,000 per starting appearance, conditional on Owen completing at least three minutes on the pitch without collapsing in an anguished heap.

£20,000 per goal scored, as long as he doesn’t break his arm/hip/entire skeletal frame celebrating with Rio Ferdinand.

£30,000 for every goal scored against Liverpool, conditional on Owen dancing a jig in front of Rafael Benitez. Owen must not injure himself mid-jig.

£20,000 for every successful hounding of a referee. Must ensure official is too scared to award any controversial decisions against United for the rest of the match/season/eternity.

£20,000 one-off fee to take Nani on a helicopter ride to a small island off the coast of Iceland, and leave him there.

£20,000 one-off fee payable upon Owen burning all copies of his promotional brochure. He must never mention said brochure again.

£70,000 reduction in pay if Owen ever declares himself fit to play for England again.

Originally Posted By: thursday
not interested in being right or wrong.

shifty confused

That was after a simple search and seems to be the most common belief of what his deal is.

Do you have more concrete data or something?