Think about this: How long can you go without alcohol?

Beer hall Munich aged 23 -I lost a bet with my Maori mate that he couldn't skull a full stien in one hit. ( a stien is about 2 or 3 pints). I had to do a nudie run around the hall in front of a few hundred people.

Never under estimate the drinking prowess of a Maori.

Beer hall Toronto aged 24- I lost another drinking related bet with the same guy. This time I had to get on stage and sing Waltzing Matilda in front of a few hundred people. I was that pissed I couldn't remember the words and was booed of stage.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, he downed a whole stein of beer!! Thats 2 pints worth, shit! I can't down 1 pint!! Gotta love the Munich Oktoberfest!! My older brother got so pissed he forgot where the hotel was, forgot the name of the hotel and forgot how to form coherent sentences! lol He spent about 4 or 5 hours wandering aimlessly around Munich trying to communicate the name of the hotel to locals who wanted nothing to do with the drunken tourist!! He ACCIDENTLY bumped into the hotel and almost started crying in relief!! lol

I agree with Mamabears first post - It's easy to go without, but I do have a few big nights a year smile

I'm actually a cellarhand (apprentice winemaker) so I don't go a single day without at least tasting off a few filters for bottling, or tasting off some transfers, but I prefer beer to wine, and juice to beer smile I definitely don't come home and drink.

I did go through a period of semi-alcoholism when I worked night-shift last year, the guys and I had an agreement - a 20 pack of carlsburg a night to wash down a couple of bottles of wine. (For three of us) Thank goodness vintage only lasted 2 months!

Only remember just one time when I was totally out of it.

3 days after I left one job, the "boys" decided to have a send off. They'd been at the club since they'd finished work at 4pm. I was there as soon as possible, b ut thet meant finish work at 5 and go straight there (without a decent lunch, either!).

So, turned up and there were 3 schooners of draft old beer (schooner = 425ml and Old beer is a slightly stronger brew). sitting there waiting for me. All getting progressively staler (and therefore flatter). Couldn't do much except start drinking - and every one I finished was replaced by another at the back of the line.

Finally left for home, said a very polite "hello" (= technicolour yawn) to the flowers in the garden at the front door of the club, climbed aboard my motorcycle, rode home across a fairly major city (have no recollection of anything between the club and home) and spoke nicely to the rose at my front door (again, a bit of a yarn).

Went to bed, had to get up the next day and go back to work. Managed to survive the day's work but had a VERY early night the next night!

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Beer hall Toronto aged 24- I lost another drinking related bet with the same guy. This time I had to get on stage and sing Waltzing Matilda in front of a few hundred people. I was that pissed I couldn't remember the words and was booed of stage.

Sounds like The Brunswick.

Thursday, sounds like you were drinking too much. Too bad. It's a shame to quit. I pretty much agree with Spook but I've inevitably cut back a whole lot since the kids.

Erm... yeah Ger, I thought I was drinking too much. Hence I wanted to see if it was taking me over or if I was still in control. So glad it was a positive result.

Kids. They really copy you. What are you drinking baby? "Beer" "ahhhhhh....,"

4 months ago woke up in the wrong bedroom with the wrong girl at my own house. Lucky the girl I was with at the time, who was a asleep in my bed didnt seem to mind. No recollection of the night after about 1am. Pity as I was naked when I woke up.

One time my roommate somehow went into the complete wrong house while blacked out drunk late at night. He woke up in the morning to a young couple with a bat telling him to get out of their house!

He had no recollection of getting there or walking into the house, just that he had passed out on a couch of a young couple who were terrified.

I love the story from Hirafu this last season of a NZ guy who got very drunk and for some reason couldn't find his way back to his apartment. Anyway he was getting rather cold so ended digging his way in under the balcony at the back of Wild Bills. Whilst under there he drained some of the kero out of the tank there to make a fire. It was a pretty good fire that bunt some of his clothes and nearly the whole of the balcony and back wall of the bar. Anyway he managed to get himself out from under the burning balcony with only fairly minor burns and then made his way back to his apartment where he decided to take a bath. It seems he passed out in the bath and left the water on flooding the bathroom which then seeped into the apartment below. This is how they found him (and his burnt clothes) and realised he was the same guy who started the fire.

Anyway Wild Bills decided not to press charges as long as he paid for the damages (before he left of course). So after something like $25,000 worth of damages paid for (by his parents I think) he was allowed to leave. I think he was on his honeymoon or something as well!! lol

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I love the story from Hirafu this last season of a NZ guy who got very drunk and for some reason couldn't find his way back to his apartment. Anyway he was getting rather cold so ended digging his way in under the balcony at the back of Wild Bills. Whilst under there he drained some of the kero out of the tank there to make a fire. It was a pretty good fire that bunt some of his clothes and nearly the whole of the balcony and back wall of the bar. Anyway he managed to get himself out from under the burning balcony with only fairly minor burns and then made his way back to his apartment where he decided to take a bath. It seems he passed out in the bath and left the water on flooding the bathroom which then seeped into the apartment below. This is how they found him (and his burnt clothes) and realised he was the same guy who started the fire.

Anyway Wild Bills decided not to press charges as long as he paid for the damages (before he left of course). So after something like $25,000 worth of damages paid for (by his parents I think) he was allowed to leave. I think he was on his honeymoon or something as well!! lol

I was there at the time! All the commotion - what a knob!!
Originally Posted By: Go Native

Wow. What a story.
Dragging yourself up after that will take some time.
And I don't mean the hangover!
  • 2 weeks later...

Still going without thurs?

I don't drink much at all really - usually only when I go out or every now and again at home with a good meal and good company.

friend