Originally Posted By: Matt
So without any evidence you like accusing people of lying

I hope you never end up on jury duty.

What do you mean? confused
When I said what I said at the time, the evidence was out there.
But how can we prove what exactly the weather was doing at that exact point in time 2+ months ago now? We unfortunately can't.

So what is your point?

Or perhaps it's just a way to avoid the question about this mornings snow....
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can also honestly tell you that where I am here in Yamanashi HASN'T got the best snow in Japan! Rather currently no snow on the ground outside my house. Although a little is expected tonight, maybe!

Another thing, I never said it would be bottomless in resort. That would need at least 30-40cm dump to cover tracked out high traffic areas.

I was talking about the backcountry slackcountry. Its not such a far shot to say that it might be bottomless by today - I mean we only need another 10-15cm for that which is a light snowfall for the top of the mountains here.

Also I don't see why that statement would then call into question my honesty which incidently I don't have any problems with and its irritating having to defend it to some random people who I dont know and who hide behind anonymous monikers.

I'm out of here. I'll let you know how it is today

• SnowJapan Moderator

Look. If you choose to continue to ignore our requests and post one more such personal comment, we will have no choice but to stop you from posting on here.

This is becoming increasingly irritating - the tone and nature of discussion rather than the topic in itself - so don't push us as only a little one will do it.

Please, leave that alone now.

You have made your points and I am sure this is tiresome for lots of people reading it. But this kind of exchange is not welcome on here. Take it somewhere else if you need to continue.

Thank you.

Oyuki, its not that people can't handle ice, its that riding is much more enjoyable with nice soft powdery snow under your feet. So if people who do not have the luxury of living spitting distance from the slopes are planning a trip, they want to have reliable and trustworthy reports of the snow so they can get the most for their time and money.

I admit it, Im a powder whore. Thats all I really wanna be is ballz deep with snow blowing over my face - but thats not the way it always goes. I agree with OK, in order to be a better rider you need to be able to handle all conditions.

Maybe we could get those involved and SJF and SJ#4 in a cage and let em go at it. Just think about it for a while before answering horse wink

Popcorn?

• SnowJapan Admin

No thanks, we are not interested in getting involved in personal arguments and try to keep out of the local politics as much as we possible can. We don't want it on here either.

"Don't appreciate Niseko enough? Prime yourself up and improve those skills with the icy conditions of Hakuba before coming up to effortlessly glide the best pow in the world*!"

[* whilst having fun too!]

lol

lol I had icy conditions and major hardpack at Niseko over NYs...yeah, Niseko always has powder rolleyes I wish I was able to have some deep conditions there, but I didnt. Some powder, but it was oatmeal, not dry snow. 'Sides, Niseko snow has NOTHING on Asahikawa which is THE bestsnow