• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"An increase in VAT to 20pc would cost UK beer drinkers £300m a year, the British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) has warned. "

If I was in England right now, I'd be suppig up before the impending misery the added VAT will bring. And then when it does come, I'd sup up some more to cheer myself up.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
You should try the Porterhouse Ale from Hakkai-san....very very good!! yummy

Yep, all the hakkaisan range is good - pilsner is tasty. omg

"George Osborne, the Chancellor, is widely expected to increase VAT from 17.5pc to 20pc as part of the Government's plan to cut the UK's deficit. Experts have warned that the potential impact of a VAT rise could leave some ordinary families £3,000 a year worse off."

What???? What kinda family would that be? Scottish?

Originally Posted By: thursday
"George Osborne, the Chancellor, is widely expected to increase VAT from 17.5pc to 20pc as part of the Government's plan to cut the UK's deficit. Experts have warned that the potential impact of a VAT rise could leave some ordinary families £3,000 a year worse off."

What???? What kinda family would that be? Scottish?

yeah
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Tubby- go out and try the new ltd edition Sapporo please.

is that the 5 star stuff? I was drinking that yesterday, pretty damn good, had some of that, some Sap Classic and some Regular Sap.....I do like Saporro beer

Sapporo beer does have this special place in people's mouths.

In their beer museum, there's a huge ghengis khan hall. Waft the smell as you go past and you'll be in there for some.

Can someone clear this up for me? In Japan, does ghengis khan roughly translate into English as "rank, unusable lamb meat leftovers"?

image027ij.jpg

Had an American IPA taste off the other day.

The Firestone Walker and the Deschutes had more malty sweetness to them and the same massive hoppyness that all the beers had. The Epic and the Dogfish head were dryer. My one was supposed to be a copy of the dogfish head. It had the exact same hop flavour but mine was the dryer and thinner. Next time I will make it will be a bit bigger in the malt department.

To me, the Dogfish Head 60minute IPA was the best of a great bunch.

• 2 weeks later...