I was gonna dredge up the old beer thread but seen it was called Beer 2009 I guess we need a new one.

Beer I am Drinking..

I got some Firestone Walker Pale 31. I love it, I just wish there was a little more hop bitterness to go with the massive hop flavour.

also had Leffe Blonde and La Trappe Blonde. The Leffe was slightler bigger in body and flavour but otherwise they could have been the same beer. Both good but dangerously easy to drink for 7% beers.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I had a few glasses of Hakkaisan Porter the other day at a restaurant thats run by a guy from Niigata. Very nice Ale it was too

Yep - and can get it kororo land(sic) land in the station too! Perfect for the journey home.

James Squires Sundowner Lager is my new fave at the moment, great refresher on a hot day.

It's been available on tap at the Squires Brew House for a while now but is becomming more readily available in bottle shops and they'll hopefully start distributing if demand is good.

On the Karuizawa kogen ESB beer tonight - very malty, with a roasted fruity aftertaste, and at 6% a definite Winter edition. Imagine a Suntory Premium Malts beer, and you're halfway there. An acquired taste.

brightrob_101.JPG

I was wondering what could be American about an ESB which would be more of an English style. They could have used american hops. Was the fruityness a citrus/pine/grapefruit type fruityness? or perhaps the beer just doesn't believe in socilized medicine.

Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
I was wondering what could be American about an ESB which would be more of an English style. They could have used american hops. Was the fruityness a citrus/pine/grapefruit type fruityness? or perhaps the beer just doesn't believe in socilized medicine.

lol
Originally Posted By: RobBright
On the Karuizawa kogen ESB beer tonight - very malty, with a roasted fruity aftertaste, and at 6% a definite Winter edition. Imagine a Suntory Premium Malts beer, and you're halfway there. An acquired taste.

brightrob_101.JPG

I liked that one when I was there.
  • 2 weeks later...