• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to try all of those pie eater...look delish!

Drank Kirin's 秋味 last night for the first time this year - quite pleased. Very nice flavor with a little kick to it at 6%. Of all Japan's mass produced, non micro variety, I think its my favorite. I wonder if Ginga Kogen (from Yamagata??) would be considered a mass produced? Quite enjoy their white smile

Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
Do you rate the black sheep ale? I think I can get that here - but I wanna be sure it's good before I spend $8 getting it. What is it? a special bitter or something else?

I would assume it is very popular in NZ....haha

Its a good session beer (IMO), after a few pints I start to speak northern.
Originally Posted By: ger
I think it's from Iwate maybe. Good stuff. Better in a bottle than can. Seems like most J-micro brews are REALLY MICRO, except for Ginga Kogen.

Like you know where it comes from, you live on Shikoku :p 

It's Tohoku, good 'nuff wink
I think it's from Iwate maybe. Good stuff. Better in a bottle than can. Seems like most J-micro brews are REALLY MICRO, except for Ginga Kogen.

I think that goes for all beer. Canned beer sucks ass
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Id love to try all of those pie eater...look delish!

Drank Kirin's 秋味 last night for the first time this year - quite pleased. Very nice flavor with a little kick to it at 6%. Of all Japan's mass produced, non micro variety, I think its my favorite. I wonder if Ginga Kogen (from Yamagata??) would be considered a mass produced? Quite enjoy their white smile

My crate arrived last night - had some of this stuff from local convini on Monday. **** love this stuff!

they got the widget in it right? Ales in cans-with-widgets are probably the exception to my rule, Guinness in a can is pretty good, not as good as draught but a damn sight better than bottles. Haven't drunk Boddingtons in AGES...mmmmm....quite fancy one right now... doh

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

I think that goes for all beer. Canned beer sucks ass

So why the conbini beers on the pavement?

That used to be awesome.

Buying beers in biccamera and getting points which in the future could be used to buy more beers and get more points that...

You get the picture.