Fai--to! Your fighting history.

I noticed a post that someone made in another thread and thought it would make as good topic.

You ever punched anyone?

Or gone further than just a punch?

Or received some violence?

I think the only experience I have had was when I was about 10. Hardly gripping stuff.

But on tv and in the movies there's a lot of it, so it must happen! wink

Do tell!

Ive been doing serious martial arts for around 14 years now (training up to 6 times a week).

Part of the justification was that i would learn some great self-defence, "just in case!!!".

So far i've never needed to defend myself, but i've managed to break 18 bones so far, in preparation LOL.

seriously tho, i've avoided a couple of fisticuffs where face to face confrontations havent progressed, and I think its mostly because I have adopted an extreme self-confidence position and the other guy has backed away

Learnt ju-jitsu, am 6ft and mostly muscle. Last time I got into a fight, the bloke got one punch to the stomach (a good winding very quickly ends it) then walked away.

I tend not to start fights, as that's against my nature, but if I do, then prefer to talk my way out of it, rather than seriously injure someone. But if I have then, then I have to.

Yeah, like avoid places where people drink. lol

I'm light weight and I don't like being picked on. Ususlly, the situation get's diffused. I hate bullies and there is a line I draw when it comes down to it, and that's self-defense to me.

Well last time I had an altercation with someone wasn't what you could call a fight, more me making sure the other one got the message.

Basically I never start fights, and always treat people how I like to be treated, but if someone starts on me, then that will be their lot, I don't mess about with silly fisty cuffs.

I guess I have always been the type not to take shit from anyone even right back from when I was at school.

As well as learning KUK-SOOL-WON, that's a Korean martial art, I guess I was fortunate enough to learn various other ways to maim and disarm people extremly quickly, during my child / teenage years and right into my twenties.

But basically at the end of the day I never go looking for trouble and don't hang around where trouble makers are likely to be, so for sometime now I have not had to defend myself, not that it would bother me to do so.

Lots of hockey fights..They kinda count I guess.

Way back when...I used to work a few shifts a week as a door-man. I'm tiny compared to the size of the guys I used to work with. So, just like Patrick Swayze in "Roadhouse" my philosophy was to "be nice" and politely talk unruly customers out of the club. For the most part people were great but there were times when things got heated. A handful of locks and holds I learned on a course from and ex US green beret served me well. Also, my dad was a guard at a jail and he taught me a bunch of stuff, too.

Like Gareth Au I have been doing martial arts for around 13 years now to gain some kind of skills "just in case" but have not really had to use it.

Before learning MA I was a tad aggressive though besides a few footy scraps was able to avoid trouble.

People that go out to fight are just wankers, and are often the ones with the big mouth, that end up getting humiliated. Now thats fun wink

Snowjunky, I don't think you can ever really fight until you get your ass kicked. The people that have always said "I have never lost a fight" always got what's coming to them.

I've been in a few in my day. Not proud of any of them but I tried to avoid them as much as possible. I used to live in a not so nice part of the city back east. I was mugged twice on the subway while I lived there and once had a gun held to my head when I was just trying to walk home. The other time I fought back and took out one, maybe two, of three and then was kicked until knocked out and they took my wallet with a measly $8.

I guess it really depends where you grow up here in the US. I grew up mostly in New Hampshire, but had some tougher times in the city. I now live in Salt Lake and have an awesome atmosphere with no violence. Yet my cousins who live in Baltimore hear gunshots every night.

I've had my fair share of fights as a kid and hardly any since.

The last one was years ago when I lived in Toronto Canada. I was walking back from a night out. I was full of it. Some native Indian guys were hanging out on the street.The rest went something like this.

Indian dude-" What the Fark are you looking at white boy"

Me- "Fark you"

Indian dude- "It's a good day to die"

I smacked him Right in the nose. He went down, but two of he's mates took over. Bang bang bang,

I managed to block most of the punches with my face. When I was down on the ground they put the boot in. Bastards! Some dudes in suits broke it al up and my girlfriend took me home to nurse my wounds.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Snowjunky, I don't think you can ever really fight until you get your ass kicked. The people that have always said "I have never lost a fight" always got what's coming to them.

Mitch,

The last ,line of snowjunky's post explains his approach - "Won by 500 metres" says to me that in a fight - avoidance is his policy.
Originally Posted By: JA

Mitch,

The last ,line of snowjunky's post explains his approach - "Won by 500 metres" says to me that in a fight - avoidance is his policy.

doh

I apologize, I didn't read that. I have had some people tell me they have won all their fights and that was my response to them, not Snowjunky, my apologies.

With that said, avoidance is the best policy smile

You see you never know what the person that you might get into a fight is like. Some are simply all mouth, give them a good whack in the mouth and they go home crying like a baby, some on the other hand really do know how to fight or simply love nothing better than to hit and be hit!

Never loosing a fight just means up until know you have been lucky! One day you might just loose a fight by a large margin.

That is why best to try and avoid any confrontations, unless absolutely necessary. Now I would say I can really take care of myself, even if someone has a knife pointing at me, but never the less I will try to avoid these situations, who knows someone else may be better than me!

There has been a big problem in Sydney with late night glassings and stabbings. It's reported often in the morning news. Might relate to increasing alcohol + drug use (ice).

Originally Posted By: JA

Mitch,

doh

I apologize, I didn't read that. I have had some people tell me they have won all their fights and that was my response to them, not Snowjunky, my apologies.

With that said, avoidance is the best policy smile

Good thing you apologised MP otherwise I would have punched your lights out..... rollabout

don't like fighting but have been in a couple of scrapes. Back home after the pub, there was a big fight in the street as we were walking past a guy tried to jump on me, he got a few rapids in the face and changed his mind! Rolling about the street with one of my best mates after an arguement in the pub got outta hand, last summer coming out of a club in Motomachi in Yokohama, I got set upon by a group of about 6 American military dudes and got a little slapping, wasn't that bad, could've been a lot worse!!