British Airways - STRIKE, STRIKE, STRIKE

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardian has this.

The earliest they could strike if they had gone ahead was 3rd August, so anything will be after that now.

---

The Unite trade union is to postpone a strike ballot of British Airways cabin crew after receiving a peace offer from the airline, it was revealed today.

The Unite joint general secretary, Tony Woodley, told the Guardian it would be "suicide" to push ahead with a poll without allowing 11,000 flight attendants to consider the proposal.

The move means it is unlikely that BA passengers will see their summer travel plans disrupted.

"Not to consult our members on this final offer would be suicide," Woodley said. "And to do that, we have to postpone our ballot.

"As a consequence of the company's last and final offer, the union and its representatives will have no choice but to delay our vote in order to allow our members to consult the offer. The company has made it clear that the offer on the table will be removed if the strike ballot starts on Tuesday."

Stupid company

having to cancel a flight for my wife, yet tried to phone up and they said "we need to speak to the passenger herself, can't speak to a third person."

"but we used my credit card for both bookings"

"sorry, but we can't speak to you about it"

stupid **** customer services.

blurry stupid fkn computer!(or customer service policy...)

I hate this.

Why can't they understand that a married couple using joint credit cards are really just one and the same! I had similar when I reported my credit card lost...I had to explain part and then pass the phone over to Papa to do the rest because he is the primary card holder. DUMB.

Maybe in the situation of an ongoing feud while still married you should consider separate credit cards.

One of the first things separated and divorcing couple do is separate their finances - so they would be operating on separate cards also.

A joint card implies joint consent to run/manage and spend the funds - therefore that implied consent should be transferred to bookings made with a joint card.

If I had a vindictive and nasty partner I sure as heck wouldn't be using a joint card so he could see every single purchase I made!!

But yes. I understand that is the reason why they deal with ONLY the one person. But Jeez Louise - oh for a bit of common sense!

Its a one way street - they will have no problems for you MAKING a booking FOR someone else and even paying for it with someelses credit card because they recieve a benifit. When you take away their benifit.... need to speak with the actual person.

Originally Posted By: veronica
Why do people get joint accounts?

My wife and I used to have a joint credit card....she didn't work at that time so it was just easier paying the bills.
I used to get a shock now and then with some of her purchases!