British Airways - STRIKE, STRIKE, STRIKE

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British-Airways-Cabin-Cre-006.jpg

Good on you hero.

Anybody see those clips on the news where a buncha ugly BA striking mofos on London streets singing "we are the champions" with cups of beer in their hands.

Seems the Narita <> Heathrow flights are operating this time "with a slightly different onboard service to a normal British Airways flight".

Quote:
PA has some interesting quotes from those on strike.

One said: "When we won the High Court victory I was happy that we were allowed to strike, but I'm devastated that we have to ... We want to keep BA as a premium airline. We're Middle England - we're Marks and Spencer, we're Waitrose. We don't want this to be a race to the bottom."

Another said: "I think a lot of passengers understand the situation. Some may be inconvenienced but I think many appreciate the reasons for the disruption."

lol

"Another said: "I think a lot of passengers understand the situation. Some may be inconvenienced but I think many appreciate the reasons for the disruption."

Just love that. rollabout

• 2 weeks later...

With no sign of a breakthrough in negotiations between BA bosses and Unite leaders, more industrial action has been threatened in July.

>>> wonder if any of us will end up being unlucky.

Most European airlines actually increased sales of seats this last quarter, all except BA which lost 10%. Its a dangerous game everyone is playing as I fear that the strikers might over estimate brand loyality and no grasp what they will be left with once this is all over. No sales = redundancy.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
With no sign of a breakthrough in negotiations between BA bosses and Unite leaders, more industrial action has been threatened in July.

>>> wonder if any of us will end up being unlucky.

**** sods law it'll be me.
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder which of us if any will end up being affected by this

Quote:
The latest attempt to secure an agreement between British Airways and the Unite union has failed, the conciliation service Acas has said.

Acas had given both sides a new set of proposals last week, but said that "regrettably" they were unable to break the deadlock and move closer to a deal.

It said no new meetings were currently planned, but that it would monitor developments.

Cabin crew workers have staged 22 days of strikes so far this year.

The industrial action was triggered by changes to staffing levels, but currently centres on the removal of travel concessions from striking workers.

Unite has threatened to ballot over further walkouts in July if no agreement is reached with BA.

"Unite remains committed to finding a settlement which addresses its members' concerns," said a spokesman for the union.

"We remain in touch with Acas and with British Airways to that end."

BA said it remained available for talks.

The industrial action has cost the airline an estimated £150m. It recently said passenger numbers were 14.2% lower in May than a year earlier.

Acas said it would continue to offer its services to both sides.