British Airways - STRIKE, STRIKE, STRIKE

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes very worth the effort.

We have not paid cash for our Qantas Club memberships EVER (use points each year to give us the extra comforts of speedy check in, extra baggage allowance [handy with snowboards] a nicer place to sit with free drinks, and usually slightly quicker off load of baggage).

And got us a few free business class seats back from Brisbane on Easter Sunday - our first time taking a flight award.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
booked 15th July to 27th - 149k all in.

Coming the other way on those dates.

1 Adult £ 488.00 + £ 227.70 = £ 715.70

715.70*today's rate of 143.3749 = 102,600 yen. Start in Japan and you pay 50% more.

Screw the (mainly) Japanese customer again. What utter bastards.

yeah I emailed BA last year ago about that and they sent a reply which basically didn't answer why its more expensive on the same route flying from Japan, just spouted a whole lot of bullshit and fudged around the question

OK, children, gather 'round. Here's a fable.

Once upon a time, in a free market economy, there were 3 monsters called "supply" and "demand" and "BA". Supply says "I've got this many seats", demand says "but I have so many more customers wanting those seats". BA says "hike the prices so's only those who are willing to pay will do so, and we make more, more, more, so's we can keep feeding those fat stewardesses donuts.

And the dinosaur trundles on

Anyone have any idea how the rates are all worked out?

I'm intrigued. You can go on the site every day ask for a quoite for the same flight and get varying quotes.

I bet there's some maths, perhaps even a formula, involed! wink

there are lots and lots of booking classes.

Ticket upgradable or not?

re-routable?

cancellation refundable?

seasonality, summer hols, Christmas, CNY peaks

special promotion periods. <-- good to look out for those

In the case of BA, do not opt for the lap dance option.

Originally Posted By: thursday
there are lots and lots of booking classes.

I realise that. But like I said you can get a quote for exactly the same 5 days on the run and get a slightly different pricing.

Would be interesting to know the inside on it all anyway.

I think it's the taxes/surcharges that adjust daily. I remember when I contacted No1 they have often said that they can't give a 100% sure number until I ask for a provisional reservation.

Flight charges though do seem very complex.

Seen this thurs?

Quote:
British Airways faced an angry backlash from long-haul customers stranded in India and China today after the airline admitted it is giving them no priority over new paying customers for empty seats.

As travel chaos continued in the wake of the volcanic ash cloud, the airline's customers in Mumbai, Delhi and Beijing told the Guardian they face paying up to £2,000 upfront for single tickets if they want to get home before next month, when their flights have been rescheduled.

Any free seats are being placed on the open market rather than reserved for stranded passengers, BA confirmed. The latter are being asked to visit the airline's website to access earlier bookings. A BA spokesman said they would be reimbursed for the full price of tickets whenever they fly back, although that was not the message passengers understood from staff in foreign airports.