• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an ELITE organisation JA, so far any way, we, well.. me... don't take just anyone you know.

You want to join?

OK your in!! banner

You may add the following to your signature

"M.A.S.S.

(Men Against Secret Stashes)

President

Member #2"

Now where are all your secret stashes evilgrin

Been home for 30 mins now and already missing the snow. Really enjoyed boarding today though. I caught a late flight back to Tokyo so was able to be on the hill until just after 2pm. Looks like next weekend is a go for Niigata! See you on the slopes wink

Originally Posted By: Tex
This is an ELITE organisation JA, so far any way, we, well.. me... don't take just anyone you know.

You want to join?

OK your in!! banner

"M.A.S.S.
President
Member #2"

Now, If I told you that, they'd not be secret anymore, would they! Not sure that I want to be a member of a worldwide organisation that has but 2 members cheers
Originally Posted By: Foxpuppet
hey MB whats a gentemstick set you back? gonna wander down there in the next few days and pick up a copy of signiatures.

It is a signature Impossible - and Papa is talking 'around' the price ... so I am sure I do not want to know.

But he is worth it.

[Plus I reckon if he keeps buying powder boards he will eventually have to buy me my little house in Niseko so he can store all his boards somewhere instead of just hanging them on a wall in Perth]
biggrin

Hey TB, was thinking more Myoko area. Easier to drive to from my house in Shizuoka. Been sitting around all day working on a course I'm taking and realizing that I'm way behind after 3 weeks off (go figure!) so getting a little concerned about how I'm actually going to be spending next weekend!!

Im about to try and book the bus from Sapporo to Niseko, was thinking of booking either Chou, Niseko Bus or Donan Bus so as we can get the bus pack and free lift ticket. So far I can only find a local telephone no, would any one have an email contact for either of them

Originally Posted By: JA
Originally Posted By: Tex

You want to join?

OK your in!! banner

"M.A.S.S.
President
Member #2"

Now, If I told you that, they'd not be secret anymore, would they! Not sure that I want to be a member of a worldwide organisation that has but 2 members cheers

Look JA, I hate to do this but it has been nothing but dissent, negativity and broken promises since you were allowed into the esteemed ranks of M.A.S.S ...it's just not working out, so you will have hand in you card. wakaranai Sorry mate, if you care to change your attitude and share some S.S. you may well be welcomed back into the fold. clap

Now don't get all emotional eyes it's not the end of the world you know, I am sure some other group will take you in.

Why not try M.A.F.F.F (Misanthropes Against Friendly Freshy Fun) I hear they are recruiting smile

12th of January 2010. Niseko Grand Hirafu.

What a glorious day it was today.

Mamabear_41.jpg

Perfectly groomed slopes, yet still soft and forgiving. While the piste edges and through the tree's were still offering up soft fluffy pillows.

Even the injured child - with a compressed disc was back on the board and in the zone today.

Mamabear_42.jpg

Strawberry Fields was probably our favorite play spot today - although we were all over the mountain - and it was all magnificent.

Papabear put the new stick through it's paces today - from groomers, to tree's, to park to powder. The verdict is I have to accept 2nd place in the pecking order of LOVE objects!

Mamabear_44.jpg

It was awesome that we could spend the entire day together. And everyone had a great time.

Mamabear_45.jpg

This is the littlest Bear Cub, having a blast in Strawberry's. I am currently on concussion watch with him - not from boarding - from dinner!! He fell down the stairs at the Brick tonight and has given his cheekbone a real working over. I am just going to have to invent some crazy snowboarding accident so it sounds a bit cooler!

Mamabear_43.jpg

Another awesome day in paradise (despite the injuries)

11/01/2010

THE DAY...i dont have time to post much info, but the pics should speak for themselves....

Early Start

show_ph

banjobiwan_3.JPG

banjobiwan_6.jpg

banjobiwan_5.jpg

I got out from behind the lens for this one

19155_1352327007484_1210651024_1065676_1

Nighta

19155_1352327167488_1210651024_1065678_2

8pm

19155_1352327207489_1210651024_1065679_1

SJ pics help please? can i not link to pics outside SJ? i dont really want to be uploading to a bunch of sites.

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, I would have hoped that we were more than just one of 'a bunch of sites'.

If you wish to share your photos with the fine people of SJ and spend time in the community here, just out of interest what is the problem that you have with uploading to our site?

There's a message on this somewhere but right now we have some sites/IPs blocked as they were causing us some problems. We haven't sorted that out yet.

Thanks.

friend

no i love snowjapan more than just a bunch of sites!

i just have been having issues physically with uploading from our macbook to SJ so i uploaded to Facebook istead, because i already have an iphoto exporter that sends it right there with all tags, comments etc done in one easy window.

ok i have given it another go and it's the time it takes with a very complicated way of doing it. The FB exporter is way easier for me to do a lot of pics in a bulk lot and then its a simple copy image address and post in image tags.

On SJ i have to manually go to each pic and copy the URL and just finding the right ones can be hard.

Is facebook one of your blocked sites?

• SnowJapan Admin

It's more IP addresses than websites, though I do not understand much about these technical things anyway. But whatever the technical details are, we have nothing against facebook etc of course, we're simply protecting our server/selves. We are trying to sort it out.

Of course having said that we would prefer people to upload to SJ but as I said in my other post that is not the reason. It's one way in which you can help support us if you feel so inclined - and share the info/photos with lots of other people reading things on here at the same time.

smile

Anyway I see you have uploaded some just a short while ago.

Lets not clutter this thread up with all this technical talk!

What is so difficult about finding some images on your computer? Unless your computer is setup drastically different to mine, it sounds like a rather feeble excuse not to make what is a small effort to me.

If you use and enjoy this quality website on a daily basis, no doubt enjoying all the photos and reviews and posts that other people spend their time posting, why not spend a relatively short time contributing yourself?

friend

Sorry, off topic.

Nice pics Mamabear! smile

Thanks Muika.

Yes Jynxx the board is great. Sorta wish I had given a rocker board a go - but at some stage I will steal one of the kids rockers and have a play with that. But the Burton Troop rides like a dream.

SJ i'm still confused.... i'm using the URL for the image as copied from my gallery and the pics still dont work...this is why i do it the way i do cause it's much more simplified... now everyone has gone out riding and im screwing around here.... i will try again tonight, no mouse and a screwy trackpad is giving me RSI.

thanks for your help so far

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, I'm very sorry for complicating your day.

It really is not difficult.

If you follow these instructions, it is quite simple:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/342305/Uploading_photos_to_SnowJapan_.html

If you want any specific help can you please contact me/us off the Forums rather than clutter up the thread with these issues? Thank you.