FEATURES - The Tunnel (Interview with Hotaka Scott)

That's amazing story. High school in Noto Hantoh, I couldn't imagine what that would have been like for you. You are no Gaijin, Scott, You've seen and done some stuff in a very genuine way, most Japanese wouldn't chance to do. Good on you. thumbsup

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, we had the basic story of the tunnel. Scott posted a thread on the Forums and we thought it would make for a great Feature on the site and so asked him if he was interested in expanding what he originally wrote and do a Feature. We have spent a fair while going back and forth with Scott filling in details and getting this done. As it's on the Features section it will get a lot more people seeing it than a thread on the Forums.

I think it makes for a really interesting read and there's a whole lot of new stuff in there even if you read the original thread.

friend

Oh indeed there is - but read it and thought "hang on, have i read this before or did I dream it was me?".

Am very jealous of the guy - in a good way. Keep them coming.

Perhaps a diary of the recent updates would have been nice? wink

Scott can you tell us a bit more about that kind of thing and how you get fresh food supplies up there etc. I presume someone must either be going up with it or you guys going down every so often..

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Scott, you obviously have t'inta up there..... what sort of connection do you guys have?

t'inta = internet ?? Broadband - maybe, I think. I'm not the most computer savy guy. The signal goes from our hut to another across the valley and then down towards Matsumoto. It's unreliable at best and often goes down for days at a time; guess you get what you pay for wink

SKI - all the supplies come up by helicopter; about every 2 or 3 weeks we'll get 7 - 10 loads brought up. Each load is roughly 600kg of food, beer, juice, propane, kerosene, etc.
  • 3 weeks later...