• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

But the majority of sites, the ones that use Flash extensively, will be utter crap to view.

Wonder why they did that?

The majority of sites use Flash extensively? Bit of an exaggeration there methinks.

But anyway I guess you know why this was done. If you don't, check out earlier in the thread. The interwebs might help. I'm guessing you are interested, because you commented on it.

Top Tip: don't like something about a product, don't buy it.

It works a treat!

Originally Posted By: big-will
Originally Posted By: RobBright
I don't get it.

Seriously. It's neither an iPhone or an iBook, but somewhere in between, and has a supposed 10hr battery life (which means 5hrs in apples case), and has only 64gb of space.

10 hours turned out to be at least that......
wink

And does that battery actually last for 10hrs?
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I would say at least, Rob.
The battery is amazing.
Work it hard and it still goes on and on.

Am impressed as my buddy was complaining he only gets about 4hours between charges now, but then he does use it constantly for apps and video.

Mine is holding up good, can't say I have noticed any deterioration.

But batteries do that, don't they? Not sure Apple have made a magical battery that is different to any other battery that doesn't deteriorate with usage/recharging. wink

Actually, no.

It was pretty much impossible to get one as of the morning after launch and still so.

I was lucky, or perhaps just really clever - I chose a small place that I knew was getting stock in. Queues at PC Worlds, Apple stores, John Lewis etc were silly, not doing any of that.

Definitely not rocket science, and neither is your constant bagging JA.

It's a fine machine, love it.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Actually, no.

It was pretty much impossible to get one as of the morning after launch and still so.

I was lucky, or perhaps just really clever - I chose a small place that I knew was getting stock in. Queues at PC Worlds, Apple stores, John Lewis etc were silly, not doing any of that.

Definitely not rocket science, and neither is your constant bagging JA.

It's a fine machine, love it.

Matter of taste, that! Fact is that Apple will manufacture brand hysteria anyway they can, be that by artificial limits on supply, or by clever marketing, or whatever else works for them.

As for my "constant bagging" I am too well aware of Apple's good work early in the personal computing field (I was one of the early adopters of the Apple //e) but I have become increasingly cynical, since they locked the original Mac to stop users from personalising it with "3rd party" hardware - like we could, and did, do with the //e.

If you cannot remember these products, then your comments are based on recent stuff, and carry little weight as regards the history of Apple.
Originally Posted By: JA
Fact is that Apple will manufacture brand hysteria anyway they can, be that by artificial limits on supply, or by clever marketing, or whatever else works for them.

What a bunch of losers, hey?
confused