• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: JA
WTF is Angry Birds? Sheilas with anger management issues? wakaranai

I have to admit that until a week ago, I didn't know what it was either. I'd heard of it of course, but didn't know what it was
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Oh, only a trivial little game that a few people like, JA.

Angry Birds Is About To Get A $1.2 Billion Valuation
The "valuation" is speculative - merely the possible suggestion that someone might think it is worth something. Share valuations are not an indication of true VALUE. They are simply a measure of optimism in the potential of the business model.

And, this game is only a part of their portfolio. So the valuation is representative of optimism in their ENTIRE portfolio, including stuff they haven't released yet.

Methinks some people need a life, ...

Obviously you are right, JA, it's probably only worth a few thousand dollars, but just to humour us...

Who exactly 'need a life', and why?

The people who value that business as such?

The many millions of people who enjoy Angry Birds, which is by the way by far The main and most valuable brand of this company?

Do tell.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Oh, only a trivial little game that a few people like, JA.

Angry Birds Is About To Get A $1.2 Billion Valuation
The "valuation" is speculative - merely the possible suggestion that someone might think it is worth something. Share valuations are not an indication of true VALUE. They are simply a measure of optimism in the potential of the business model.

And, this game is only a part of their portfolio. So the valuation is representative of optimism in their ENTIRE portfolio, including stuff they haven't released yet.

Methinks some people need a life, ...

So desu ka.
Do tell us all the main parts of their portfolio, JA.

Just have to google it ... knock yerself out!

A list from the website of Rovio - the company which developed AB. and I didn't say it was not an important part of their portfolio, just that it is only a part of it.

Bounce Tales

Bounce Touch

Bounce Boing Voyage

Burger Rush

Burnout

Collapse Chaos

Cyber Blood

Darkest Fear 2

Darkest Fear 3

Dragon & Jade

Formula GP Racing

Gem Drop

Marine Sniper

Mole War

Need for Speed

Paid to Kill

Paper Planes

Patron Angel

Playman Winter Games

Shopping madness

Star Marine

Sumea Ski Jump

Swat Elite Troops

Totomi

War Diary Burma

War Diary Torpedo

Wolfmoon

So ... AngryBirds is NOt all they have - it may well be their most well known at the moment, but they do have other stuff to flog.

Bounce Tales
Bounce Touch
Bounce Boing Voyage
Burger Rush
Burnout
Collapse Chaos
Cyber Blood
Darkest Fear 2
Darkest Fear 3
Dragon & Jade
Formula GP Racing
Gem Drop
Marine Sniper
Mole War
Need for Speed
Paid to Kill
Paper Planes
Patron Angel
Playman Winter Games
Shopping madness
Star Marine
Sumea Ski Jump
Swat Elite Troops
Totomi
War Diary Burma
War Diary Torpedo
Wolfmoon

So ... AngryBirds is NOt all they have - it may well be their most well known at the moment, but they do have other stuff to flog.

lol

Shopping Madness must be worth a lot of millions.

lol

With that list, JA, you have proved you know not what you talk about.

I am sure I read somewhere that close to 100% of the value is due to the Angry Birds brand which is now huge in spin-off products as well as their planned movie and cartoon series.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

Bounce Tales
Bounce Touch
Bounce Boing Voyage
Burger Rush
Burnout
Collapse Chaos
Cyber Blood
Darkest Fear 2
Darkest Fear 3
Dragon & Jade
Formula GP Racing
Gem Drop
Marine Sniper
Mole War
Need for Speed
Paid to Kill
Paper Planes
Patron Angel
Playman Winter Games
Shopping madness
Star Marine
Sumea Ski Jump
Swat Elite Troops
Totomi
War Diary Burma
War Diary Torpedo
Wolfmoon

lol
Shopping Madness must be worth a lot of millions.
lol
With that list, JA, you have proved you know not what you talk about.
Huh?? All that is is a list of what they have to flog ... no more no less. i made no claims about the relative value of their products listed.
I also NEVER (re-read the thread if you doubt) said that AB was ALL they had, and I posted a list of their other stuff. How does that show that I don't know what I'm talking about?? It shows that you cannot read and understand a thread, is all!
Sorry, gg, you are just full of it!
Quote:
A list from the website of Rovio - the company which developed AB. and I didn't say it was not an important part of their portfolio, just that it is only a part of it.

Hold on though, what is the point of showing a list of games that have little or almost no worth? I have tons of stuff that I could try to flog in my garage, but no-one wants it.

You were claiming that they had more than Angry Birds. Well yes they do but the reality is that until the successs of Angry Birds, they were a small company and struggling to get by and find a hit. The current speculative worth of their company is almost entirely due to the popularity of the spectacularly successful Angry Birds brand. It has absolutely nothing - nothing - to do with Burger Rush, Mole War, Darkest Fear 3 and the like.

You really are quite incapable of accepting something that you don't like or don't understand, aren't you JA. It's funny in a way, but ultimately rather sad.

You were claiming that they had more than Angry Birds. Well yes they do ...

End of argument. Thank you for accepting my point.

Now ... Where was the rest of the world while you went off on this tangent?? Oh yes ... Rovio is hoping for gazillions of dollars. Well, good luck to them.

And, I will thank you to not try to guess what I "like or understand" - fact is I understand the market far better than you seem to. The words "speculative worth" should be a clue to any one with a couple of brain cells available for function.

Fact is that they will be trying to flog the rest on the back of Angry Birds "success". And, if that doesn't work, they'll take the bonus from AB and never be heard from again.

You were claiming that they had more than Angry Birds. Well yes they do ...

End of argument. Thank you for accepting my point.

Well, no, not really the end of the "argument".

Because my quoted comment is not in any way complete without the bit that you cut off. The bit that you cut off just to make your misguided point and making my comment become out of context.

Here's the remaining part of the edited sentence.

You were claiming that they had more than Angry Birds. Well yes they do but the reality is that until the successs of Angry Birds, they were a small company and struggling to get by and find a hit. The current speculative worth of their company is almost entirely due to the popularity of the spectacularly successful Angry Birds brand. It has absolutely nothing - nothing - to do with Burger Rush, Mole War, Darkest Fear 3 and the like.

For someone who said this just one week ago....

Originally Posted By: JA (on 14th August)
WTF is Angry Birds? Sheilas with anger management issues? wakaranai

.... you sure claim to know a lot about it now.
Fact is that they will be trying to flog the rest on the back of Angry Birds "success".

Hey JA, tell me, what's with the " "? Sarcasm? You don't rate Angry Birds as being a success? Do tell!

Don't rate games as much at all, is the reason. Waste of time and effort, IMHO.yawn

If that makes me a BOF, then "WOO HOO!"

and gg, you just go ahead and believe what you want. You agreed that they had other stuff. I did not ever claim that the other stuff was worth anything (in fact I'm not at all sure that AB is worth anything either, but that's just me). Think what you like - I'm gooorne!