• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
They'd be giggling more if people were actually buying the apartments! lol

Imagine if the developers of The Vale told their core financiers and investors that money or ROI doesn't equate to happiness! Bernie Madoff could have tried that as a last-gasp defense.

Its pretty simple really.

Some people wont be happy no matter how much they have.

Others will be be happy with very little.

The trick is to appreciate what you have and accept every bit of joy from it - be it big or small.

biggrin I know I am!

Here Here MB

My husband and I have very little material wise but are wealthy in so many other ways.

We have each other, live in the country surrounded by nature, have great friends and family, travel and do what we want when we want. We love life.

I have close friends who have millions and I am telling you millions on millions, they are lovely lovely people but do not appreciate things in life the same as I do.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Some people wont be happy no matter how much they have.

It's often these people who go on to become financially very successful. No matter what they make or have they are never truly happy and continually strive for more.
When you are truly happy with what you have then you lose the drive to keep striving for more, what's the point when you've already found happiness?

ha ha snowhuntress...got a story to tell you...

Papa and I are in Hamilton Island at the moment - absolute abject luxury - no kids - staying in Qualia - total indulgence - for his 40th birthday.

Day before yesterday I was at school with some other parents oh-ing and ah-ing over our kids web designs...and mentioned we were away to some friends of ours - quite well known yachts people. The fellow then says to me "ahhh...you will love it, one of our closest friends owns Hamilton Island". I thought...oh..OK. [really? owns the whole island - no way] YES WAY! One family - the whole luxury island! Now that i am here and can see the level of luxury - I am just blown away.

But the yachty friends of ours - the most fabulous down to earth people you would ever meet. There was no name dropping going on - it was just sharing, and they said "hey if you bump into him introduce yourself and say hi from us" .... hahaha not sure that's gonna happen!

Whether you got money or not has no influence on whether you are a nice person, with a genuine heart.

Hanging out on Hamilton island MB and your still checking out the forums, surely there is some swimming pool that needs you to visit it or some new cocktail that needs to be tasted.

LMAO!

Free wireless, a balcony in the sun, a netbook, and a G&T....what ,more can ya ask for ...huh?

Today we did a heli ride to Whitehaven beach and had stingrays, fish and a turtle swimming around our feet - will upload a pic or two to the Ments thread (seems the most appropriate) when I am a tad less inebriated biggrin ....ohhhh and a dugong (or really UGLY dolphin)

Today is Papa's 40th birthday - so other than a half hour here and there I have not been with you at ALL....been all about lovin' the man wink

FANTASTIC DAY [maybe not as good as skiing in Niseko - but pretty damn good, my friends!]

• 3 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Moderator

If you click on the WEBSITE link on the page that r45 showed you, it will take you to the official website.

r45 was possibly just trying to help us by posting the page on our site from which to get to the website - thanks r45.

friend

• 2 months later...