Is there anything more miserable than trying to lose weight?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RobBright
mmmm hamburger

100% beefburger ftw!

mate, make your own home made hamburgers......xtra lean mince, fresh onion, tomato and low fat cheese....oh yeah!!!
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
"and low fat cheese"

or even better some non low fat yummy strong mature cheddar or such
yummy

yeah definitely....I was going for the low calorie option though for Rob's sake....of course I'd have a wedge of crumblyt Mature cheddar on there!! yummy
Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
Japanese food must be very good for you, lots of fish and fresh vegies

If you eat out though it's damned near impossible to get lots of vegies. Lots and lots of meat and rice or noodles and if you're lucky a little piece of a vegetable or two.

lol

I also want more vegies with my Japanese plates of food. Thank goodness for shopping in Kutchan and a kitchen in the apartment.

Went out for lunch with hubby a couple of days ago, and we passed over the 'degustation menu and champers' the resturant was plugging and had a perfect lazy lunch of salmon sashimi (grated daikon was nice too), and a baby spinach, pear and parmesan salad. With sparkling water. No damage done, but nice time none the less.

I think a persons occupation would have lot to do with it. I don't stop moving all day. I'm up and down ladders (8m high yesterday, about 40 times), carrying heavy loads and walking for hours. It's hard to imagine anyone getting fat doing that 8-10 hours a day.

I see a lot of huge people sitting in their office chairs all day. The only time they get up and walk is to go have their smoke break.

and if they didn't smoke? what would that do? I know when I quit, the weight came with it. So had to change my eating habits a tad as well.

True Mantas, but you do see a few fat tradies around, but they are usually pretty solid with mainly their beer gut.

I'm in an office now (as opposed to a classroom before) and it would be pretty easy to slob out. Instead I surf in the mornings and do exercises when it's shiat. At work I sit on a yoga ball for 20 mins every hour.

Depends on your motivation..

Japanese food is good for you in moderation. It has way too much salt, not enough vegetables and not enough balance of vitamins to sustain it all.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: RobBright
mmmm hamburger

100% beefburger ftw!

mate, make your own home made hamburgers......xtra lean mince, fresh onion, tomato and low fat cheese....oh yeah!!!

Funnily enough made one last week for the missus and I, 100% beef, some pepper, a pinch of salt, then grilled.
Originally Posted By: Indo
True Mantas, but you do see a few fat tradies around, but they are usually pretty solid with mainly their beer gut.

Some tradies eat very poorly. Coke and pie for smoko and perhaps another pie for lunch. Sometime a few beers at the pub on the way home.

I reckon they are in the minority these days though.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
I like fatty meat myself.

So do I!
The whole lean meat craze in Aus really annoyed me as much of the good flavour in meat is due to the fat. At least here in Japan they know good meat except they always cut it way too damned thin.