Is there anything more miserable than trying to lose weight?

Saving can be fun when you have a plan.

Like right now we are 'saving' for a ski chalet.

Papa asked me if I wanted some fabulous diamond and gold bling for my fingers (I do not wear any rings at this time) for our 20th anniversary this December - and I told him ABSOLUTELY not. Much as I love the sparlky stuff if I was handed the cash and asked what I most wanted to do with it the answer would be SNOW. Take another snow vacation or put it toward a snow shack.

But just going without and living subsistance so you can randomly 'acquire' would be the absolute pits!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I decided to live in the Niseko area is that I was sick and tired of saving all year to afford a few weeks skiing over here. Now I get to live in the place I always saved for to holiday at! Awesome biggrin

My Self Managed Super Fund owns an apartment in Falls Creek, the next investment might have to be one near a ski resort in HoKkaido.

As for the weight loss, still losing, slowed down a little the past few weeks ut you get periods like that.

Sorry to hear that Mamabear. sadface

But, with the new lifestyle, sounds like fun.

I've had a few good weeks. I don't actually get on scales to weigh myself I just go by how I look and feel. The last few weeks I have definitely slimmed down (round the waist and face) so I'm encouraged to do another few weeks.

friend

Alcohol is such a big deal in adult life (and even more in teenagers) it a bummer.

I could have said, Not being able to drink is pretty miserable than, blah blah..

But that's for socializing. It's pretty shitty people can only socialize with some drugs but hey, it's all human conditioning... AND

Human conditioning is pretty miserable at most times.

All this weight loss stuff. I was told a glass of beer is like a bowl of rice . Lots of Cals coming from alcohol to sugar conversion plus food and sweets.

Lots of intake to make us feel satisfied at the same time make us miserable trying to lose what we put on from it ....Well well ..

Originally Posted By: Curt
Up until now I've never really had an issue with putting on weight. I'm naturally pretty skinny, sometimes I wish I could bulk up a bit more!
Me too. I really feel for people who always battle with wieght.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

RobBright
If saving money is making you so depressed then you gotta do one of two things;
a) Stop it! If spending it makes you happy then just do it. What are you saving it for? If there is a reason - a goal then you wouldnt be so unhappy at the sacrifices you are making.
B)

A good second point but this one let it down this whole argument ie spending money to make you happy creates more problems than whats it worth, eg the current economic crisis Goals are challenges, sometimes they will make you happy, other time they will make you sad.

There's a difference between 'saving' and living within your means.

The first point is quite appropriate if you are actually going without to save money - ie the accumulation of wealth. The second point is really just an illustration of the first - your choices are to stop being miserable by a) ceasing the 'saving' activity, or to B) reset how you feel about the saving process or I suppose c) contnue to be down about it...

me? Rather be happy! So I would work out if it was important to me to 'save' and if it was, invent ways of finding happiness within it.

Please with progess the last 6 or 7 weeks. I don't know how many kg I've dropped but a fair few.... feeling much leaner and looking it as well which pleases me.

Must not get too carried away over summer!

Excellent work ASB.

I am finding a serious amount of leg burn out on the slopes this trip - and the lass I am travelling with is coming with on the girls trip end of august so we have plans to hit the gym on a daily basis when we get home to ensure we dont have the same miseries...

I bought a season pass this year so I am hoping for another trip in there somewhere as well to keep the fitness up for Japan in Dec/Jan, although I will need to do a lot of work in between the trips!! Hopefully with the reappearance of the sun wakeboarding will help in that regard smile

Originally Posted By: thursday
no chance. Get to work on the burn.

Oh dont you worry Thursday - I am a tough old bird - High Noon is well known as a leg burner, and I am happy to say that despite the fact that I am a snowboarder there was no butt sitting going on! I rode that puppy top to bottom, caught breath on the lifts and rode again.....leg burn or no leg burn we DO NOT waste good conditions smile