Things that are overpriced

To hell with company costings and explanations, lets naming some things that are simply overpriced.

I'll start:

Expressway tolls

Razor blades

Videogames

CDs

Printer ink cartridges

This depends a lot on two things ...

1. where you live.

2. what you use.

I'd not have a clue as to the cost of razor blades. Have not used one since about 1967! Electric razor ever since (and only 3 units ever purchased.)

Originally Posted By: KevKastle

Razor blades

Spot on! Have you noticed how they last about 5 minutes as well ? I used to get away with using the same one for ages, not these days.

Marketing, marketing, marketing....then make the product more cheaply and of lower quaility....

That behaviour drives me mental....

Originally Posted By: KevKastle
(Meant to be for fun, not an in-depth scientific paper!)

Take the blue pill this evening, Kev. I wasn't being in-depth and scientific. I just didn't think anyone still used razors.

i've recently started using the gilette fusion - 5 blades in one. Previously my best razor lasted around 2 weeks, I can comfortable get the fusions to last around 6 weeks x 7 days a week.

Part of the trick in getting razors to last is to shave after you shower, the hot water softens the hair and sets up the skin for shaving (and i shave my head too, so a bit of expertise here!! LOL)

shakken is certainly ridiculously expensive

Beer is way too expensive when compared to spirits

Some fruit is stupidly expensive

Our lists will certainly be very different though depending on whether you live in Japan or OS.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
shakken is certainly ridiculously expensive

I dunno about that. Depending on what you pay (car dealers are the worst) but 150,000 for 2 years rego with third party insurance and a few parts changed isn't a bad deal. It's a killer that you have to pay it in one hit but if you add up what a car costs to rego here over 2 years it ain't that much cheaper.

Personally, I did my own shaken, so I think registering cars in OZ is exy, rent is too. I pay way more here than I ever did in japan!

But the surf.... that makes up for everything smile

Gareth those gillette fusion razors are great. I have hubby and the two eldest using them. My 17 yr old has a fuller beard than his Dad so our razors get a work out - but they are pricey!

However I am looking at going down the IPL path - WAY exy, but if it works no more shaving waxing or whatever for me :-) Over the lifetime that makes it cheap!!