• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you like about the Lederhosen and silly hats of the Germans, they don't half know how to make beer!! Oktoberfest, 4 of the most drunkest days ever!! very little hangover as well due to the purity laws in German beer making. 12 hours of solid drinking, my liver was begging me to stop....lots of fun though! smile

Men from Bavaria and Tirol wears them hats. Slightly different shape. My Pa And I got one in !966, and he is still wearing it in Tokyo. The one with pig hair brush on the side...

I actually like what they wear and the music.. it's cheerful. There's so many beers here.

There's one that actually doesn't taste so bad.. like fruity? I forgot what it's called. still, I don't have the enzymes to digest it properly, for good or worse.

Didn't realise you could get a GOOD pint of boddingtons. razz

Tried that new ebisu in the end - distinctly average, a cross between an ale and a lager - quite light but doesn't know which it is. :S

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I don't know who makes it but my missus family always drinks this blue can, not the Asahi one though. I have a sneaking suspicion that its Suntory, not bad though as well

Actually tried a six pack of these, its Suntory Super Blue - not too bad but not as good as Asahi blue.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Didn't realise you could get a GOOD pint of boddingtons. razz

Tried that new ebisu in the end - distinctly average, a cross between an ale and a lager - quite light but doesn't know which it is. :S

Is that the silk white? something like that I think. I tried one can myself and found it to be too half-assed. like you said, they dont seem to know which style brew they were aiming for.

anybody try the kirin seven? another halfassed attempt at making a Trappist...but giving it that kind of label is insulting to the monks who originally made it 1000 years ago.

I remember the British brewers coming out with a few of those crossbreeds a few years ago. Tennants Velvet was one, halway between an ale and a Lager.....wasn't very nice for either lager drinkers or ale drinkers, I think it got the boot

Speaking of beer....

My Dads birthday yesterday and Mum bought some drinks for the family get together andd included one of Dads faves that I had forgotten all about.

A can of Kilkenny - the ones with the gas ball inside.

Not tried it myself .... more of a blokes beer I reckon.

Anyone else partaken of the irish brew?

yep tried it CB - again very strange, a 7% happo-shu but too thin on the taste.

Kilkenny is an awesome drinking session beer, think it's about 4.5% and goes down like water! Also, doesn't block you up like Guiness does. :o

yeah I like Kilkenny as well. TBH though I don't get bagged up with Guiness at all, the fact that it has no fizz makes it so easy to drink. I loved being home at Xmas as the Guiness was just sooo cheap...big change from here!!