Papa bought one beer at the Albion pub last week and I had to go and pick him up! Should have seen the SIZE of the beer!

One regret I have is that it wasn't Oktoberfest time when we visited Munich.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Munich one is awesome. Yokohama's is ok, good to waste your afternoon and some brain cells, but the beer is pricey. 1000 yen and up for the German beers and 800 yen for the Japanese German style beer. Its not even a full 2-pt stein...just a 1pt imitation.

Oh well, see you up there this afternoon!! smile

I've gone on all the rides at Octoberfest and stuff,

my father-in-law runs a construction company and has tickets for tents but I just don't have a thing for alcohol. For some I have a ticket to heaven and I don't even know it.

My brother in law lives close by to the venue so he goes there every day with his mates.

It's an amusement park with lot's of drunken people. It's funny but what a strange world I live in.

I loved it, we went for 5 days and it was the most drinking I have ever done!! Not good for you.... BUT!! Our Hotel was a 10 min walk away, we'd get up and have breakfast around 9-9.30 then head out to the festival around 10-10.30 and that'd be us until we made it home or fell over!! By the end of the 5 days I couldn't face another beer, definitely couldn't go for longer!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was delighted to find the local craft brew bar had got hold of some Seara Nevada Pale Ale and Anchor Steam Beer.

I'm a big fan of American Pale Ales (the style) but had until now only tried NZ brewed ones. Great to finally try one of the beers that define the style.

Had also heard lots about Anchor Steam Beer and have tried making it so it was good to see what it is supposed to taste like. (A lot better than the one I made which I didn't care for at all)