I could not find an old thread I was looking for so perhaps a Beer (2009) thread is called for.

Last night I went down the local Sainsbury and stocked up on some bottles of as yet untried beer. I avoided the old Banana Bread Beer and ones I had tried.

First one up, Fursty Ferret. Nice, it was quite sweet. A "tawny amber ale" apparently.

Quote:
When the idyllic country home of Miss Rose Gribble became an inn, legend suggests the inquisitive local ferrets frequented the pub's back door to sample its own reputed brew. A tawny amber ale with a sweet nutty palate and a hoppy aroma with hints of Seville oranges.

Get this Cheeseman, apparently it goes well with cheeses, flapjacks and cookies.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to be in on the meetings when they come up with these names. They'll all be well cheap now as well for us yen-brandishing beer-guzzlers. If I remember correctly, it was like 3 bottles for 4 quid.... that's scarily cheap. I want some now!

Catford, pub called Fox n Firkin. Dunno if it's still there, but it's the only place I know where you can say

"for fox sake give me a firkin pint" and not get pottled by the barman.

But you do get glasses shoved into your face on saturday nights.

What's new about the Yebisu Rob? Is it a new version of the main one or some spring special? I like Yebisu (the main one).

Still like that Banana Bread beer, got an interesting taste. Just for the one, not a drink you'll be guzzling all night.

Originally Posted By: JA
Not yet, but if you post me a slab, I'll give it a nudge and report back (Hic!) yummy

Nobody interested in a totally unbiassed taste test? wink
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
downed a couple of Pure Blondes while I was supposed to be working tonight.... quality!

don't mind a couple of Pure blondes myself!!! wink

I drank the local Echigo Yuzawa beer last week, I really liked it. It was the Pilsner variety, a little sweet and kind of weissbeer taste, very european.

Tonight I'm gonna drink whatever is placed in front of me, 2000 yen all you can eat and drink....bring it on!!!

I have imbibed in the past and when times are tight/nothing else/or to pissed to care then I shall again!! lol

my missus is the same Stemik, she prefers to drink happo-shu, specifically Tanrei. Actually its not bad on draught

I don't know who makes it but my missus family always drinks this blue can, not the Asahi one though. I have a sneaking suspicion that its Suntory, not bad though as well

That's why my Bavarian girl is with me....

I don't drink, and why would I want to drink something that tastes like Vit B tablets my mum used to feed me, or bubbly vegemite juice.