The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

Feeling very ok about all this. La-de-da.

Anyway, footie-fans-on-sky/e2 >>>>

don't forget to cancel your footie pack in the next few days (unless you want to watch endless repeats or just waste 11500 yen for 3 months when there's no games!)

You can join mid-August to get the August games and they'll only start charing from September.

friend

Wow, that was getting on for embarrassing. The midfield were completely outclassed and the defending on the goals was Boumsong level. Only Van der Saar came out with any credit for keeping it respectable.

Messi - what a player!

Rooney was surprisingly bad. The whole game was just quite weird as if United weren't all that bothered. Outclassed all over.

Messi is brilliant isn't he. Sometimes it looks like the ball is stuck to his foot - United simply couldn't take the ball off him without a lets fouling.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
i dont like this thread anymore.

when are next seasons fixtures out?

I'll be on the case with the official 'The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)' thread once the fixtures are out.

friend

FA cup final is on this saturday night, can cancel the subscription on 31st (sunday)?

Maybe Barca will be stripped of the trophy when they find that Messi and Iniesta both had massive amounts of superglue on their boots.

scouser - I remember when the new fixtures were published last summer on BBC website - I saw them about an hour after they were published and I thought "hehe, Im gonna start the new football thread on snowjapan and pip everyone else to the post" but I found you had beat me too it by about 45 mins!

Hey it's my job, let me do it! slap

You can cancel now and you will still be able to watch through until the end of 31st May. No worries there.

I can see the ManYoo chequebook going into overdrive this summer. They only got 5 points out of 18 against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea too.

Hope Liverpool get their checkbook out too.

David Villa and Gareth Barry please. I reckon a big name striker will come in to replace Keane. It would be suicide to try to scrape through with Ngog and El Zhar again as the only cover.

I dont think he will go. I think he knows glory lies with man utd, not real. He would become a megastar like beckham, but his football successes would be limited to the national team for the rest of his career.

Are you sure about that bobby12? What with Perez being, as widely suggested, the next president of Real Madrid, and also promising some big name players if he does, Real could easily ursurp Barca again.

What does he have left to prove with Man Utd? Retained the premiership and a hattrick of them, won club world cup, champs league, FA cup, league cup and community shield, amongst personal honours as well.

Damn I hate him.

I don't think Real have the winning culture anymore, it will take something special to get that back like a tough president, manager and revamp of the team to get in hungry players instead of arrogant ones.

The Ronaldo story seems to be picking up pace just like last year. Fed up of it already. With all Ronaldo's vague comments he should either pen a new extended contract or just go.

So - either sign on for more or please go now (then regret later in your own time).

grandpa

Real is the team you should join at 30 years old to crown your career symbolically after having won a lot already.

Where do you want me to start picking apart that sentence?
Since 2003 they won La Liga twice and no other major trophy. They are not football's super power in contemporary terms.

thats rubbish

they won la liga in 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, copa del rey 2003–04.

and are liverpool a super power in contemporary terms?
how would you classify those contemporary terms?