The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I feel I am joining a club that is seriously shite, most will not doubt that, but I am convinced that the coin they are offering is totally ridiculous and I will accept it without hesitation."

Spoken like a true man

Even if they have, I doubt he will agree. Fergie can't promise him more first team games, and Citeh have probably offer him tons more cash. He's talked himself out of it too much up until now. If United were going to agree they should have when they had first option. Strange story.

Well I'm hoping Tevez doesn't come to Liverpool. Decent player but nothing to get too excited over especially with the price tag.

Quote:
The parent company of Liverpool FC, owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The loss was mainly due to the £36m of interest payments that Kop Football Holdings had to make to service the debt taken on to buy the club.

Its auditors warned that the need to refinance loans by 24 July cast "significant doubt" on the future of the group as a going concern.

But they added the club's owners were confident they would secure the funds.

Perhaps time some zillionnaire comes in and kicks these dudes out. And gives us a bag of cash to buy.

Latest Real Madrid cuckoo-land bullshit. Mad.

Quote:
Real Madrid are preparing to step-up their campaign to sign Cristiano Ronaldo amid suggestions that not signing him would cost the club €30m (£26.2m).

The outlandish claim that Madrid will trigger a penalty clause if they end up passing on the Manchester United player surfaced after the club's vice-president, Fernando Tapias, appeared on Spanish Radio station Cadena COPE. He was asked about the infamous alleged pre-contract agreement between former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon and Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes made last summer.

It was put to him that the agreement stipulated that Madrid would either have to pay €90m to sign Ronaldo or a €30m penalty if they did not, and Tapias responded: "Yes... but that is not our fault. Ronaldo is a great player. I remember when I was last at the club and [Luis] Figo was here telling people about him. He is one of the best players in the world. That he has a special character and that the price is exorbitant is also true. Maybe Fifa should put a €50m cap on transfers."

Originally Posted By: scouser
Quote:
The parent company of Liverpool FC, owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The loss was mainly due to the £36m of interest payments that Kop Football Holdings had to make to service the debt taken on to buy the club.

Its auditors warned that the need to refinance loans by 24 July cast "significant doubt" on the future of the group as a going concern.

But they added the club's owners were confident they would secure the funds.

Perhaps time some zillionnaire comes in and kicks these dudes out. And gives us a bag of cash to buy.

that crook of a Thai prime minister was interested.
Quote:
Kaka joins Real Madrid from AC Milan in world-record £56million move.

The biggest transfer deal in the history of football was completed on Monday night with Kaka moving from AC Milan to Real Madrid for £56million.

He will inevitably regret not joining Wigan.
Quote:
The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at 100m pounds.

Interested parties should contact Newcastle United at admin@nufc.co.uk for further details.

No shitting, it's on the nufc website.
Bet there's some fun stuff in the inbox.

Don't all rush now.....