The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HT: Barca 1 - 0 Man Utd

How many times have we seen man utd come from behind at half time this season? Did anyone get a tenner on 2-1 man utd at 9/1?

I'm surprisingly calm about all this. Barcelona are totally outplaying us right now we are totally losing the midfield. There will surely be changes (please!), but not feeling too optimistic after that 'give the ball to Barca' fun and games.

Tevez, Berbatov and Scholes on please.

Hope you're right though bobby12. wink

Rach you were spot on about losing the midfield - and Fergies response? Take off Anderson and bring on Tevez! Followed shortly by Berbatov for Park! Crazy!

One thing that I think might happen is Fergie gets accused of being overly sentimental in starting Giggs.

By the way...

Number of European Cups: Man Utd 3 - 5 Liverpool

FACHT!

United looked good for that first 10 minutes but then got totally snuffed out and were curiously ineffective, couldn't put an attack together. What a shame. Well done to Barcelona.

Were Barca THAT good? Definitely good but I think United were just letting them do their thing too much and busy being bad as much as them being awesome.

Barca just didnt give the ball away. They were so patient, they looked in no rush at all to get the ball in the box, just passing it around until a hole appeared. Sometimes you see teams do it for short periods, but they did it for most of the 90.

I would like to see them try that against Liverpool with Mascherano playing, they wouldn't have the same luxury of time.

Funny cheeky comment from someone

"It was a bit like men against babies out there, wasn't it Patrice?"

What's up United players? You were rubbish!

Barca were very good. Well done to them.

Sun had 2 Ronaldo stories prepared for this morning

If United won:

Going to Real Madrid, because he has achieve all he can at United

If United lost:

Going to Real Madrid, because he was pissed off at the imperfections of his teammates.